Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 04-20-2015, 08:33 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 Xstar
FAE Install

For those that have installed a fresh air exhaust (with a Teak platform specifically), when you installed it did you use only one or both of the supplied square tubing rails on the bottom? The direction weren't completely clear. I am also curious as to how some of you mounted the support rods to the rails. Any pics under the teak swim deck would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2015, 11:28 PM
MC Devotee

Yo Yo?
Old 04-21-2015, 12:33 AM
TT Enthusiast

I used both pieces of square tube. Not sure if you bought the quick disconnect kit, I did not so I cut the all thread to length and inserted them from the bottom, through the round tube and finally through the square tube and threaded my nut from the top.

I also had to use the teak blocks that they provided

Hope that helps a little, I will try to get pics tomorrow.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:04 AM
MC Devotee

Thanks John, that's helpful. I did not receive any teak blocks, that's exactly what I need for my install, as my brackets for my swim platform, from the factory, for whatever reason are off center with no space to drill on one side on the outer end, double board (although when mounted, swim deck is perfectly centered). A pic would be greatly appreciated when you have time. Thanks...
Old 04-21-2015, 01:39 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, x-star, 2002
What's the a oo on quick disconnects? Part of the reason I haven't pushed for a far system is the fact it won't fit in my garage with it installed.

Does the quick disconnect still add length to the boat?
Old 04-21-2015, 09:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Here is the best pic I could get. My boat is in the garage and the platform and FAE are off. I only had to use the teak block on one side of my platform. Just be sure the screws that you use to mount the block aren't to long.

Of course I can't find one from last summer with it on the boat If you have any questions PM me your number and I can call you.

Also, if you have problems with water splashing up between your swim platform and the boat, you can use some of the rubber floor molding from home depot. It works great, put it in the sun so it becomes pliable. (see pic)
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2015, 11:38 PM
MC Devotee

Awesome John, thanks again. Just what I was looking for. I emailed FAE, and Larry, the owner I believe, called me personally and I explained the situation. He is sending me some teak blocks and I decided to upgrade to the removable platform hardware. GREAT customer service.....first class and that is how you run a business and take care of your customers.

Side note (Seadek should follow the above example)
Lousy customer service in today's "instant access" world = closed business