Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 07-13-2009, 07:50 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: mastercraft, X-30, 2004, MCX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
What lake is that TX?
Travis, its a flood control lake/river and its just the way it goes. Worst drought in central Texas since the 50's and currently the worst for the last 2 years in the nation.

Come on el nino or la nina or what ever the hell a wet weather pattern is.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:03 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 Maristar 200VRS X2
In the mid 90's I use to ski at Berlin every weekend. Launch at Duke's and head to the river.
I use to ski sometimes with Dale (he has a trailer there) and a few others.

Back then I had an red and white 87 190.

Last edited by Footin; 07-13-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:30 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footin View Post
In the mid 90's I use to ski at Berlin every weekend. Launch at Duke's and head to the river.
I use to ski sometimes with Dale (he has a trailer there) and a few others.

Back then I had an red and white 87 190.
At what club on the lake did Dale stay?

One of the guys at our club had an 87 190 that was gray and black. It was one of the few MC's on the lake at the time.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 07-14-2009, 08:59 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Captain, my brother (99Nautique) said you were correct about Friday last week. The lake was filled and the river was busy. He says he about got run over by a comp boat pulling a guy doing air chair up by the corner. He was quite pissed until the guy on the chair came past and yelled "Sooorrrrry!!" That helped calm him down and he said the guy chairing was awesome. He couldn't remember if it was a MasterCraft or a Malibu. Did you see the guy or know him?

Quote:
We were out on Friday....Uh....you didn't miss much. It was worse than a Saturday. We were figuring on getting a few footin passes in on our last real day of vacation. That didn't happen, in fact I left my slalom ski under the seat and just pulled my kids all day. I don't know where everybody came from but it was crazy.

I think my other buddy at our club knows your brother. He has mentioned knowing the guy that owns, or used to own, your old Ski Tique.

You better hurry, the lake is 1.4 feet below summer pool right now. If we don't start getting some rain we will be hurting by the middle of August.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-14-2009, 09:14 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Captain, my brother (99Nautique) said you were correct about Friday last week. The lake was filled and the river was busy. He says he about got run over by a comp boat pulling a guy doing air chair up by the corner. He was quite pissed until the guy on the chair came past and yelled "Sooorrrrry!!" That helped calm him down and he said the guy chairing was awesome. He couldn't remember if it was a MasterCraft or a Malibu. Did you see the guy or know him?
Oh yea, I know him. Red and black malibu (i-ride or v-ride) with that ugly tower. He is really good....however he has a reputation of jumping over or in front of people and not being very considerate of others while riding.......and that is being polite.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:22 AM
MC Maniac

Is this Malibu a new boat for him? Did he have something else prior? Like a Correct Craft????

Quote:
Oh yea, I know him. Red and black malibu (i-ride or v-ride) with that ugly tower. He is really good....however he has a reputation of jumping over or in front of people and not being very considerate of others while riding.......and that is being polite.

275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-14-2009, 09:37 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Is this Malibu a new boat for him? Did he have something else prior? Like a Correct Craft????
Uh.....I think so.....a correct craft with a backwards "N" on the port side, red and white, with checkerboard pattern toward the stern on the sides......uh, I think so.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:53 AM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Uh.....I think so.....a correct craft with a backwards "N" on the port side, red and white, with checkerboard pattern toward the stern on the sides......uh, I think so.
OH YEAH!! I know him now. My brother thought that might be him but the boat was wrong. Figured he would go Malibu.... Come to think of it I was cut off by him (the woman driver) last year. They were heading West towards the corner and I left plenty of room on my left for them to pass. Then as they get close they cross right in front of me like 50 ft of my bow. My guess they were following the deep part of the river but the water was higher and there was no need. The guy is good but most people who know him dont think much of him... Putting it lightly.

275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar

Old 07-14-2009, 10:37 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
OH YEAH!! I know him now. My brother thought that might be him but the boat was wrong. Figured he would go Malibu.... Come to think of it I was cut off by him (the woman driver) last year. They were heading West towards the corner and I left plenty of room on my left for them to pass. Then as they get close they cross right in front of me like 50 ft of my bow. My guess they were following the deep part of the river but the water was higher and there was no need. The guy is good but most people who know him dont think much of him... Putting it lightly.
That is his signature move. I think he has a patent on it After his driver cuts in front of you he then uses your wake to get more lift...but he only does that on his left side (from what I have been told). I ESPECIALLY love when he does this and you have your kids on a tube behind the boat.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:02 AM
MC Maniac

Quote:
That is his signature move. I think he has a patent on it After his driver cuts in front of you he then uses your wake to get more lift...but he only does that on his left side (from what I have been told). I ESPECIALLY love when he does this and you have your kids on a tube behind the boat.
Well, at least we "mainly" only have to deal with one guy being a disrespectful. The rest are just clueless with their power-turning & plowing.
Dont get me wrong, I am not perfect and have probrably gotten in someones way or made a bad turn by mistake, but I do try to be respectful of other skiers. If we are early and I see you guys footing, we may shoot through your area but we stay up at the other end and make straight runs and always turn slow to prevent cross wakes.

Picture of our boats last year during vacation. Ignore the fat guy standing in the boat. He dropped 40 pounds since then.
Attached Images

275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar