Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 07-13-2009, 01:02 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Will do!! Our camping vacation is coming up on July 24th to the 29th. We usually stay at the State Park. Where did you stay on vacation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by casx2 View Post
Double D - My buddies and I are on Berlin almost every weekend and were there all last week on vacation. I have a 03 197 that is red and white, my buddy (Captain Planet on this forum) has a 30th anniversary 190 and our other buddies have an X2 and a 19 skier. We are usually out in the morning looking for good water and in the afternoon pulling the kids. We all live in the North Canton/Massillon area. If you see us out on the water idle over and say hi, we will look for you as well.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-13-2009, 01:09 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Will do!! Our camping vacation is coming up on July 24th to the 29th. We usually stay at the State Park. Where did you stay on vacation?
Casx2 and I belong to a trailer park on the lake. Our docks are in the no-wake zone west of the Route 14 bridge. We've been there all our lives.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 07-13-2009, 01:13 PM
MC Maniac

Captain, good memory on my brother's Tique. You will still see it on the lake because a guy who lives just off the lake sometimes keeps it in the water just North of the island (by 225 bridge) over by the barn.

My brother was out this past Friday (in his 99 Nautique, Blue Metallic with white hull, and a pylon) with a group of his teacher friends (nice being a teacher with a comp boat, and I am stuck with a real job) but I was not able to get out because my son had a baseball tournament in Aurora all weekend. The only thing that made it worth it is we went 5-0 and won it.

We dont dock anywhere. We trailer it from Jackson TWP and drop in up by the damn, then drive all the way back. We used to drop in off 225 across from the airport but that ramp sucks the big one.

There is no way we'll be catching up to a wakeboarder that competes. Compared to that we look like beginners.

Maybe see you in a few weeks. We are heading down to Myrtle Beach this weekend for our final tournament and then I plan to get out more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Double D, good to hear from somebody on the lake. As casx2 pointed out, we were out there all last week on vacation and are there just about every weekend. I have the 30th Anniversary 190 and am usually down at the "river" at some point during the day. I remember your Ski Tique, it was white with yellow letters wasn't it?

Anyway, If you see us out c'mon over and say hello. Where do you dock on the lake? I think I remember seeing your boat out on the water, but not parked anywhere.

As for your wakeboarding, you will have to catch up with one of the 17 year olds at our club. He competes in INT tournaments and can really fly. He skiis out on the 19 skier with ballast.

275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-13-2009, 01:18 PM
MC Maniac

I am pretty sure I know the place. The large docks with pontoons hanging off the west side. I always see the nice 190 with the Stars & Stripes docked there when we pass back and forth. Is that the 30th Anniversary boat? (Duh! I just read your signature.)
I also used to know a family that used to stay there. There last name was Cindia?? or something like that. We know there are a few places like that around Berlin but never dig deep enough to figure out how to get involved.

Quote:
Casx2 and I belong to a trailer park on the lake. Our docks are in the no-wake zone west of the Route 14 bridge. We've been there all our lives.

275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar

Last edited by Double D; 07-13-2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Read the Signature of the Captain.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:21 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Captain, good memory on my brother's Tique. You will still see it on the lake because a guy who lives just off the lake sometimes keeps it in the water just North of the island (by 225 bridge) over by the barn.

My brother was out this past Friday (in his 99 Nautique, Blue Metallic with white hull, and a pylon) with a group of his teacher friends (nice being a teacher with a comp boat, and I am stuck with a real job) but I was not able to get out because my son had a baseball tournament in Aurora all weekend. The only thing that made it worth it is we went 5-0 and won it.

We dont dock anywhere. We trailer it from Jackson TWP and drop in up by the damn, then drive all the way back. We used to drop in off 225 across from the airport but that ramp sucks the big one.

There is no way we'll be catching up to a wakeboarder that competes. Compared to that we look like beginners.

Maybe see you in a few weeks. We are heading down to Myrtle Beach this weekend for our final tournament and then I plan to get out more often.
We were out on Friday....Uh....you didn't miss much. It was worse than a Saturday. We were figuring on getting a few footin passes in on our last real day of vacation. That didn't happen, in fact I left my slalom ski under the seat and just pulled my kids all day. I don't know where everybody came from but it was crazy.

I think my other buddy at our club knows your brother. He has mentioned knowing the guy that owns, or used to own, your old Ski Tique.

You better hurry, the lake is 1.4 feet below summer pool right now. If we don't start getting some rain we will be hurting by the middle of August.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:46 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: mastercraft, X-30, 2004, MCX.
1.4 try 41.4.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:55 PM
MC Addict

Ouch TX. There is less than 5% of our lake that even has 41 feet of water. Next month our lake will be down 4 or 5 feet and when you are skiing in 8 to 9 feet of water now, that doesn't leave much.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:03 PM
MC Maniac

Well said Captain! Wholly crap TX! Down 41.4 feet?? How deep is it now and can you even use it?

Quote:
Ouch TX. There is less than 5% of our lake that even has 41 feet of water. Next month our lake will be down 4 or 5 feet and when you are skiing in 8 to 9 feet of water now, that doesn't leave much.

275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar

Old 07-13-2009, 02:45 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: mastercraft, X-30, 2004, MCX.
Quote:
Well said Captain! Wholly crap TX! Down 41.4 feet?? How deep is it now and can you even use it?
Channel is still 60/70 feet just 5 feet more and the last ramp is gone. 2 weeks at best.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:19 PM
MC Addict

What lake is that TX?