Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 05-25-2005, 10:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 X7, LTR
Optimum X-7 Wake

Is there anybody out there that has an X7 and is a serious boarder? If so, what ballast configurations, speed and line lengths do you use?
Old 05-25-2005, 10:35 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1999 X-Star 330 HP
Send a message via Yahoo to rem_pss308
I am pretty sure the X-7 is a V-drive. If so I dont have much experience with those.
Line length, and speed are going to vary on how good you are.
If you are a beginner, you will want to start close to the smallest section of the v in the wake. Probably about 60', and your speed will need to be about 19-20, as you progress, and get to where you can jump the wake toeside, and heel side, then move out a bit.
I would work on the basics first. Learn to do surface 180's, then 360's, then work on the wake to wake jumps. the better you get the more length you will want, and the more rope you have the faster you will need to go. If you have a big enough wake, then you can get up to 22-23 mph @ 75-80'

AS far as ballast goes, the more you add the bigger the wake. You need about 60% toward the rear of the boat, and about 40% in the front. You will have to move weight around a bit to find the sweet spot. ( no wash ) (Steep or rampy)

Hope this helps some. There are lots of good threads on this subject on wakeworld.com

1999 X-star, 330 LTR, Zero FLex tower.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:05 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft, Stars and Stripes, 1983, 351 W.
Send a message via AIM to SKI*MC Send a message via MSN to SKI*MC
actally its a d drive, its the prostar 197 hull with the x package, i dont have an x-7 but i have read up enough on weight distribution to know what im talking about. The misconception is to weigh down the back as much as possible, this makes an OK wake, but you loose steering abilties, by weighting down the back middle and bow, you get a good wake Weigh the back down about 1/2 of your weight, 3/8 in the middle, and 1/4 of the weight in the bow. That formula that i have shoud work wih however much weight you have. Try it, from there you can fool around with the weight and get the optimum wake for your X-7. Have fun!
Old 06-06-2005, 03:16 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2004 MariStar 210 - Indmar MCX 350HP with 0-Flex Tower & Perfect Pass
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI*MC
actally its a d drive, its the prostar 197 hull with the x package, i dont have an x-7 but i have read up enough on weight distribution to know what im talking about. The misconception is to weigh down the back as much as possible, this makes an OK wake, but you loose steering abilties, by weighting down the back middle and bow, you get a good wake Weigh the back down about 1/2 of your weight, 3/8 in the middle, and 1/4 of the weight in the bow. That formula that i have shoud work wih however much weight you have. Try it, from there you can fool around with the weight and get the optimum wake for your X-7. Have fun!
Your math may be a little off. You have an extra 1/8 in there.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:17 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2004 MariStar 210 - Indmar MCX 350HP with 0-Flex Tower & Perfect Pass
....but I get the point -- I'm just being a wise-guy
Old 06-06-2005, 07:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 X7, LTR
Thanks for the replies, guys. But I'm looking for more specific information. Is there anyone out there that wakeboards behind an X7/PS197? If so, what size bags/weights do you use, where do you put them and what speed/line length works for you?
Old 06-06-2005, 08:13 PM
MC Addict

Boat: SN196
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
19mph, 500lbs in the back, few buddies up front. 55' rope. i really dont wakeboard so this is good enough for me.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:26 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 01 X-Star
Never been on an X-7, but you can work backwards. Keep adding weight until it starts to wash over. Ideally, a great wake would be 22-24 mph at 75' line. Adjust the weight until it is curling over just beyond that. Then when you slow the boat down or shorten the line for beginners, it should still be good.