Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-24-2009, 05:45 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1982 Stars and Stripes 351
newbie needing help

What is the best way to fix this little hole? I think it is coming from the trailer. Its a 82 s and s
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2009, 06:06 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, fuel injected 302
That's a pretty big one. I think I'd have a glass shop do it myself. Make sure to fix the trailer!!!!

'91 prostar 190
Old 06-24-2009, 06:34 PM
TT Regular

It is a newer trailer, I think a 91. I put it pretty deep in the water, could that be why its rubbing?... we typically crank it pass the point it looks like it would touch.

What about some kind of patch for the hole? is there anything out there
Old 06-24-2009, 06:36 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
It looks like the boards for the trailer bunks are giving up the ghost and the weight of the boat on them is causing the keel to drop lower in the trailer and scraping the crossmember even though it is protected by the flimsey plastic/rubber protector. But, that much damage was probably aided by someone beaching the boat on sand and gravel bottoms. The gelcoat and fiberglass layers can only take the grinding so long before it starts showing up as you picture it.

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:46 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreBeggin MC View Post
It is a newer trailer, I think a 91. I put it pretty deep in the water, could that be why its rubbing?... we typically crank it pass the point it looks like it would touch.

What about some kind of patch for the hole? is there anything out there
That helps explain it too, the boat doesn't properly fit the trailer. It is a "C" channel trailer, right and probably backing the trailer in too deep?
It's more like a '87 to '90 trailer, as the '91 was the first of the tube trailer trailers and only those years had the crossmember protector like this pic and I glued carpet on it to keep the keel from rubbing the plastic/rubber protector, yet it still rubs it some, but with a good coat of spray wax occasionally no keel damage has been done.

Attachment 48687

At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Last edited by TMCNo1; 06-17-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:56 PM
TT Regular

Well the carpet will be added to that rubber "protector" shortly. Any do it yourself advice on repairing the hole?
Old 06-24-2009, 08:25 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreBeggin MC View Post
Well the carpet will be added to that rubber "protector" shortly. Any do it yourself advice on repairing the hole?
By the looks of it, someone has already tried to do some type of repairs with Bondo, rather than fiberglass mat, resin and gelcoat or paint and it didn't work.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:26 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft 197 TT 2007
I agree with flipper... I'd have a glass shop do it because it looks like there's quite a bit of wear there from the amount of bare fiberglass that is showing

2007 Prostar TT 197.....special delivery from the dealer 3/18/08 sold 6/7/11
Old 06-24-2009, 08:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '08 X14 MCX Slot
Where are you located? It sounds like the price of a repair may be an issue, but I am sure you can get some good recomendations on repair shops in your area from the people on here.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:23 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1986 190 power slot
Get some Kitty hair use that on the bad area it has long fiberglass strans and resin in it, you can find it at walmart,then block that down and then skim the the entire damage area with some Duraglass great stuff easy to sand and finish off. Then you will have to shoot some gel on it or atleast cover with a apoxy primer/sealer so the fillers don't absorb water. It looks like it has been repaired before. Do you beach the boat?