Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 05-25-2005, 04:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 PS190
Warm Restart question

I was out in my '94 PS190 last night. After skiing a set we sat around with the engine off for 10 or 15 minutes. When I went to ski again the boat would start but imediatly die. We put it in neutral and started the engine and reved it up a bit. Then everything was fine. This happened a couple of times last season. Any ideas as to the problem?
Old 05-25-2005, 04:14 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: It's always changing! X-Star-Prostar190/205-Maristar
My Ford Expedition did that for a while and it ended up being the idle air control valve. Had identical symtoms. Not sure if it is the root cause, but somewhere to start.
There a ton of guys on here much more technical than I am so I am sure you will have a ton of ideas before sunset!

Good Luck
Old 06-01-2005, 09:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 94 205 prostar
check your battery.make sure you have 11.5 volts to ground while cranking.how old is the bat?
Old 06-02-2005, 10:40 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 MC ProStar 197 MCX
Send a message via AIM to BarefootWt
Same Problem - It Sounds Like

I experienced the same problem last year with my 2004 ProStar 190 - MCX. What I stumbled across was that the kill switch was simply loose - the motor actually stalled a couple of times and would not start just idling back to the skier. When I would wiggle the kill switch it would start right back up again. I reached in behind to hold the plastic nut on the back side, tightened it up, and have been good ever since.