Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-17-2009, 11:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 X2
Wash down switch?

I know....I have lots of questions.

Since I bought this second hand and have no information on the boat....If I have the wash down switch, does that mean my 2007 X2 is salt series? Does everyone have this switch. I'm not even sure how to make it work. I'm assuming it's some sort of flush kit or internal fake a lake maybe?

The boat has 46 hours on it, and there's no rust (trailer has a tiny bit of surface rust in some areas), but I can definately tell there is a residue like they put the boat in Salt maybe once or twice (maybe). I know a lot about having a boat in Salt water since I owned a VLX malibu in Hawaii for years. Certain metals will get a whitish film or crust on it if you don't wipe it down after using it in Salt. I think I see this on some areas, but just not completely sure.
Thanks Ronix!
Old 06-17-2009, 11:39 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MC X2, RTP-1 5.7L 310 HP 1.5:1, 14.25 x 14.5 XMP OJ Prop, bimini, depth finder, and table, teak platform, White/viper red
It is for the shower. It is an option on the X2 and all X2's of that year have the switch including mine and I don't have the shower option. Nothing to do with saltwater unless your washing the salt off of you after you get out.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:45 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200 SS, 2006, 5.7L Crusader
My understanding the wash down is a fresh water shower that has a holding tank in the boat that it disperse water from instead of the raw water it uses to cool the engine. My salt water Maristar has a flush kit installed, but doesn't have a wash down. The flush kit has a hose connection on the transom and it tees into the raw water intake for the motor. You might check the back of the switch to see if it's even wired to anything. The wires are generally labeled from the factory so it might give you some clues as to what it's controlling.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:28 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Used to have 2006 X-45....
It is not for the shower. There is usually a separate switch for that...at least there is on my boat, which I think has the same dash switches as yours.

It is for a fresh water tank that you could then use to wash down the boat after running in salt to minimize corrosion. So it does not mean that you have an SS boat. Mine has the switch, but no fresh water tank.

I actually switched my stereo to that switch so that I can turn the stereo on without having to mess with the key. I also don't get that annoying interruption in music when I shut the boat off. It was amusing the first time my wife took the boat out alone and could not remember how to turn on the stereo. Of course, Wash Down = Stereo anyone should understand that!
Old 06-18-2009, 06:22 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Red View Post
Of course, Wash Down = Stereo anyone should understand that!
Now that is funny!
Old 06-18-2009, 09:00 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
My guess is it is unlikely to be a SS series boat unless it has a few distinct items that you can easily look for.

First, does the motor have closed cooling? Are their any sacrificial anodes (zincs) on the boat... typically a round disc on the transom. Does is have a fresh water flush attachment on the transom? Does it have hydraulic steering? Is there a compass in the dash? Most of these features come exclusively on SS Series boats... granted, you can have hydraulic steering on a non-SS boat, or closed cooling on a non-SS boat, but a combination of all these features usually points to it being a SS Series.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:38 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
I have basically the same boat as yours and used the switch to controll the shower I installed as recommeded by my dealer.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:56 AM
TT Enthusiast

Good points Sodar, no I don't have any of those. I think I will put a show installation in it's place. I will just tell the wife that it's suppose to be there and it's not....So, we have to put one (shower) back in.
Thanks Ronix!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:00 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1979 19 Skier w/351-W
The washdown switch is just what it says. My new 06 X-15 has both the wash down and the shower. It is completely separate from the shower and does not mean that the boat is a saltwater series. I've yet to use it, but it makes for a nice extra when telling everyone about the boat's features...lol.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:08 AM
TT Enthusiast

"and this boat will even wash everyone down! Hold onto something....ready?"

HAHAAHAHAHAH
Thanks Ronix!