Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 05-25-2005, 10:11 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Tristar 190, 1989 / Maristar 210 2002
Send a message via MSN to LakePirate
No Fuel to the Carb

Guys,

I am in need of some assistance. I have recently replaced all the fuel lines, fuel filter and water separator filter as well as some other things. Last night I was trying to get her cranked up to check for leaks and to adjust the carb. However, I was not getting any gas to the carb. The fuel pump is mechnical. In doing some research I ran across this thread http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/sh...ight=fuel+pump
It mentions priming the fuel line with gas and a cup into the "j" valve. There is also a reference to JimN and the infamous mustard bottle.

Does anyone have any recent thoughts on this topic?
Any tips or tricks to get gas to flow to the carb?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:57 PM
TT Regular

When I replaced my carb and fuel/water seperator I had the same problem. I simply filled the fuel/water seperator to the top (with fuel, of course) and that was enough to "prime" the system.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:08 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 95 PS 190 EFI
Send a message via AIM to jimmer2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakePirate
Guys,

I am in need of some assistance. I have recently replaced all the fuel lines, fuel filter and water separator filter as well as some other things. Last night I was trying to get her cranked up to check for leaks and to adjust the carb. However, I was not getting any gas to the carb. The fuel pump is mechnical. In doing some research I ran across this thread http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/sh...ight=fuel+pump
It mentions priming the fuel line with gas and a cup into the "j" valve. There is also a reference to JimN and the infamous mustard bottle.

Does anyone have any recent thoughts on this topic?
Any tips or tricks to get gas to flow to the carb?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
you're on the right track. that should work. Depending on how much air you have in your lines, you may need to do it a couple times.
"I kept a crabgrass free lawn"
It's time to SKI.