Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 06-10-2009, 11:03 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: mastercraft x30 2006 mcx
Trailer wheels

Sorry to be repetitive but I have 2006 trailer and have a few questions: 1) Where is sight glass? 2)Is it required to take the wheel off to add the oil and where do you add it and 3) how difficult is it to do with the boat on the trailer?

Thanks!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 11:26 AM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by meg View Post
Sorry to be repetitive but I have 2006 trailer and have a few questions: 1) Where is sight glass? 2)Is it required to take the wheel off to add the oil and where do you add it and 3) how difficult is it to do with the boat on the trailer?

Thanks!!!!!!!
The sight glass is on the end of the hub in the center of the wheel. Yes, remove the wheel to find the fill screw on the hub and just jack up each wheel under the axle with a floor, bottle jack to service.

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:30 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
thread on the subject as of yesterday

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=30302
Old 06-10-2009, 11:32 AM
MC Hero

It should look something like this, less the water in the oil. This picture is for the location of the sight glass only and for no other purpose.
Attachment 48259

At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Last edited by TMCNo1; 11-17-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:09 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: mastercraft x30 2006 mcx
Checked the wheels Saturday and 1 wheel was low with some water intrusion. After removing wheel where is screw located and wil it just drain when screw is removed? I assume I just refill into same hole? Also, can I jack baot with my Yukon jack with boat on trailer?

thanks for everone's help!!!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 10:43 AM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg View Post
Checked the wheels Saturday and 1 wheel was low with some water intrusion. After removing wheel where is screw located and wil it just drain when screw is removed? I assume I just refill into same hole? Also, can I jack baot with my Yukon jack with boat on trailer?

thanks for everone's help!!!!!
It will only drain if the screw/plug hole is turned to the bottom side, but, in doing all this, you need to determine why/where the water is entering the hub and contaminating the oil, either through the site glass/hub cover or a damages rear seal.

Yours should be similar to this pdf link, Trailer Buddy GOLD Axle Maintenance.pdf

Here is a informative thread, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ight=bath+hubs
and here are a bunch of thread concerning the subject too, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...archid=1836311

As far as the Yukon jack, who knows, but you can get one here, http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...04825_20030482, for $9+tax and keep it in the Yukon, rather than tearing out the Yukon jack out.

Last edited by TMCNo1; 06-15-2009 at 10:52 AM.