Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 08-15-2004, 03:28 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: none
Hurricane!

I feel like such a jerk! Here I am complaining about the cold summer that we have had and enjoying a nice sunny summer day and then I saw the footage from the devastation that the Charlie has caused.
I can't imagine what those people are feeling. I had to come inside and express that we are saddened by what happened and our thoughts are with all who have been or know someone that has been effected by this disaster. We hope for a speedy recovery.
Sincerely,
Stevo

Last edited by stevo137; 08-16-2004 at 07:34 AM.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:32 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: ProStar 190 1996 LT1
Well put Stevo, I second that.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:45 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: It's always changing! X-Star-Prostar190/205-Maristar
Hey Guys, thanks for the well wishes. I live in Orlando, Fl and had the eye of the storm pass only 15 miles from my house. Newscasters say we had solid 80mph winds with gusts over 100mph. We had 6 large oak trees in our neighborhood topple over, pool enclusures twisted like tin foil, etc.
I was fortunate enough to have minimal damage (relatively speaking). My neighbors oak tree fell over into my oak tree, essentially destroying both. My dock was slightly damaged and the gazebo that sat on the end is totally destroyed. I had about 6 panels over my screened in pool ripped out. My Ford Expedition had a large tree branch land on it denting the door and roof. My Jeep also had branches land on it denting the roof. The good news is my Mastercraft Barefoot 200 was not damaged at all! I had it out on the lift as I didn't have time to get it out of the lake. (The wife and kids took priority) Again, I got off easy compared to those who lost their entire homes! Hurricanes are no fun.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:27 PM
MC Maniac

T, it is great to hear that you and your family are safe! I'm sure that insurance will repair the damage but it has to be extremely difficult seeing things that you work so hard for get damaged. Good to hear that the Barefoot 200 is fine. It would be difficult to replace that special boat!

Last edited by stevo137; 08-15-2004 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:43 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC Maristar 225 VRS 1994 350TBI
I have been in the Window Industry since 1980...

One company I worked for specialized in the Mobile home industry.. Now its called "manufactured housing" but to us in it we called them "wobbly boxes"....

After a calamity of some sort, I was in a Purchasing agents office who was just madder then heck.. He told me "why does the Media only show Mobile home parks all blown apart".. He complained that if you showed some "stick built" homes the devastation would be just as bad.. I suppose he was right, but we again always said the "wobbly box " parks have "storm magnets" in them........

Not to make light of this, as I hope any and all who made it through this the best... Its just that all the pics I have seen so far were of Mobile homes parks...........
Old 08-15-2004, 08:30 PM
MC Master Poster

I heard that tornados and hurricanes come form mobile home parks.

I also heard that wind comes from trees waving their branches.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:50 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
That weather is so unpredictable. My mom is in Tampa (actually about 30 miles inland) and we were just waiting for them to get smacked. Then it changed course and it was supposed to come up here and hit Charleston. I had good warning and got everything out of the yard, trucks, boat, 4-wheelers just crammed into the garage. I should take a photo. Of course we got lucky and it just barely grazed us, light rain and wind. My brother is in Orlando and he got smacked pretty good. Very scary.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:23 AM
MC Maniac

Brian,
Glad to hear you have no damage. Maybe just enough rain for some mud for those quad runners!
Old 08-16-2004, 09:30 AM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
Hope everyone else made it ok. Good luck ALL…. .

Old 08-16-2004, 12:29 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Same here. My best goes out to all of you. As a native Houstonian, I've done the hurricane thing and have a family member whose Galveston beach abode was demolished in Alicia in 82 or so. T, glad you and yours have no injuries.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.