Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 06-17-2015, 11:22 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
new owner

Greetings, Y,all. I am new prostar ('93 205) owner and am looking for advise on how to care for my new boat. Overall it is in good shape, but we would like to clean up and shine the hull and clean/condition the upholstery and teak platform. Any recommendations on products and procedures would be apprciated. Thanks!
Old 06-17-2015, 11:37 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Prostar 190, 1993, Anniversary Limited.
Lots of good info in "show us your Shine", guys detail products and how they did it. Mostly Meguiars fans and 3m Finesse II fans around, Woodys Carnuba, Optimum polish but key is a good orbital and variable speed buffer like the Porter Cable 7424, search some detail sights, Detailers Domain and then of course, youtube for instructions.

Teak - good kits all around, clean - brighten - oil(teak oil or linseed oil)

Welcome and good luck. I just did the "87 Nautique", got a little bit of info in there.
1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17
Old 06-17-2015, 11:43 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
look in the apprentice thread... but a great place to buy is www.autogeek.com.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:50 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1993 prostar 205/1985 stars&stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes brimhall View Post
Greetings, Y,all. I am new prostar ('93 205) owner and am looking for advise on how to care for my new boat. Overall it is in good shape, but we would like to clean up and shine the hull and clean/condition the upholstery and teak platform. Any recommendations on products and procedures would be apprciated. Thanks!
Just got the same boat about a month ago and had some of the same questions. Bret has some great info for the care and cleaning if the vinyl. Foaming scrubbing bubbles once per year, wipe down afterwards with clean water, and applying vinylex. For the gel, a good wax from meguiars . I forget the name I got, but I got it from skidim. Wax at beginning and end of season.

Oh, and post some pics of it!!!! I do love the 205s!!!