Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-26-2009, 01:05 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2001 Mastercraft prostar 205v
Tailer/Prop Issues

Need some major help. While at the river this weekend my trip got cut short yesterday. While trying to ge the boat on the trailer I hit the prop on the side of the trailer. I think the problem was not getting the trailer deep enuf into the water again. I only had half of the back wheel of my custom double axle trailer in the water. I am so scarred of ruining the custom electric brakes on the front wheels. I talked to chuck at mastercraft in lake elsinore and thats what he told me could happen if they go in too deep. Thoughts about the depth again please and who can fix my custom four blade prop. my boat partner is not too happy with me. new partnership and new to boating and i already boogered the prop. please help a total rookie out.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:20 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: PS 205
Sorry about your incident, but what can happen if you sink the trailer brakes to proper loading depth? .... assuming of course you've unplugged the harness from the truck.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:26 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2001 Mastercraft prostar 205v
i leave it plugged in so my lights work and people in the water can see my brake lights and know i am backing down
Old 05-26-2009, 05:20 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: none yet
I guess they are thinking you could warp the rotors if they were really hot and then submerged all the way.

I wish I had as much custom stuff as you

Just be glad its just the prop...could have been much more expensive.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:17 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 197 and 2007 X2
Until you get really good at putting it on the trailer, I would consider a custom rope to throw to somebody that could pull you on. Leave your custom engine off while they do it.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:15 AM
TT Regular

Boat: N/A
Send the prop out to OJ to get it as good as new!
Old 05-26-2009, 08:32 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
I'm trying to figure out how you hit the trailer if the boat's on the bunks then there should be clearance going in, if you hit the bunk and it wasn't deep enough I could see how it might lift the front of the boat and put you on an angle to hit botton in the back where did it hit the trailer? is it damaged?

With my dual axle both wheels and fenders need to be under water about an inch to retrieve, which means the bunks are totally submerged too.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:47 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, fuel injected 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by coz View Post
I'm trying to figure out how you hit the trailer if the boat's on the bunks then there should be clearance going in, if you hit the bunk and it wasn't deep enough I could see how it might lift the front of the boat and put you on an angle to hit botton in the back where did it hit the trailer? is it damaged?

With my dual axle both wheels and fenders need to be under water about an inch to retrieve, which means the bunks are totally submerged too.
I'm with you, I don't see how you could hit the trailer unless you were cross wise to the trailer, but even then the side posts should keep you from hitting the trailer with the prop

'91 prostar 190
Old 05-26-2009, 08:51 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Electric brakes are great and all, but if the particular type of brake system that you have means you can't submerge the wheels, then you have a totally non-functional boat trailer. Like Coz, I have to submerge all four hubs - otherwise it's impossible to get the boat on the trailer.

I'd be surprised if the electric brake system on your trailer wasn't waterproof. That's a pretty fundamental component of any brake system on a boat trailer.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:23 AM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
I thought you had good info about launching and retrieving your boat here, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=29764, but now you throw in the electric brake issue, meaning you have a boat on a trailer you can't get wet. I totally lost!

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.