Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 05-21-2009, 02:34 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Alpine MC10 install.

Nothing really ground breaking here. Just got my MC10 installed with a new head unit. I pick up the Alpine 9886Mand the MC10 from Crutchfield.com

All I really did was pick a place on the transom where I thought it would not get step on. So with that in mind I pick the vertical part behind the swim step.

The remote is a lot bigger then I thought it was. It's almost 4 inches which may turn a few people off.

I tap off the gel coat so it would not splinter when I use the hole saw on it and used a compass to make a circle 2 inches which is the size of the back of the remote.

I then used the hole saw and drilled out the hole.

I check the ski locker when it was in the up position. You might want to check yours too before you drill. It can be a close fit.

I used butt connectors and shrink wrap to close up the back end.

I don't have the back light on in this photo and it was overcast but you can still see the display pretty well. You can configure the remote to use the back light and you can adjust contrast as well.

I didn't explain the connections at the head unit but it's just one plug and two wires, positive and negative.

All in all it's a nice remote. I know people that have transom remotes will tell you they wouldn't want to live without them. I'll let you know next weekend.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:56 PM

Boat: 06 X30

BTW: The over all size of the unit and the blue tooth I hear is the shizzznit! I didn't buy that but I'm thinking about it!

grrr P90X legs in the morning so I'm gonna call it a night!

Last edited by CantRepeat; 05-22-2009 at 04:22 AM.