Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-01-2009, 07:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X-1
Ballast Pump Impellers

I need to replace the two ballast pump impellers on my 06 X-1.

I've read through a number of topics on the forum and am wondering if anyone can steer me toward the black or yellow replacements.

Also, any advice on where to purchase online would be appreciated.

Many tHANKS,
jeff
Old 06-01-2009, 08:35 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniversary XStar
We just got done replacing our ballast impellars. I think you can only get the yellow ones now... and after talking with a couple of dealers we went with the yellow ones. The yellow ones are made out of a material that will resist heat better, are less prone to breaking down and are also a millimeter or so thinner so they will not bind up too.

Because we no longer have a dealer in the area I had to call around quite a bit locally and looked online with no luck. Finally ended up calling our old dealer(they no longer sell MC) and they happened to have a couple laying around still. I would suggest to start your search at your dealer.

Good luck and hope this info helped.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks for the info...My dealer is of course closed today...Will try them tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X-30 2004 MCX 350
I replaced mine as well, dealer item. Yellow.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:58 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X star PWT
impellers

The yellow impellers are softer and do not break when run dry. Jabsco says they are coming out with a new green impeller that will be more resistant to draining when running the boat with full ballast (some people complain that the bleed through on the yellow impellers removes water from the tanks over time). I have used the yellow and they are excellent. I would buy the green if they are out but I understand it may be a little while until you can buy them. Whatever you buy, I would get an extra one or two just to have in case you lose one on the water.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2003 mcx
I have the yellow one's.And have noticed that after I fill my middle locker over time the bag will loose some water.Leaking past the impellers makes sense.
When I had the black impellers my ballast would fill/empty quiker, but the black ones just don't last.

Why can't we have the best of both worlds I mean come on if its not Brake calipiers,its impellers or fuel pumps now it might be trailer tires....come on MC its not that hard! Get on your venders for better quality.....Rant over!

"Was it over when the German's bombed pearl harbor ?"
---Animal house
Old 06-01-2009, 11:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 MasterCraft X-5 310 HP
I don't know much about the ballast pumps. I've only got one. It seems to fill on it's own sweet time but empties quickly. Bad pump?
Old 06-02-2009, 01:18 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002, X30, L-18 Engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jeffe View Post
I need to replace the two ballast pump impellers on my 06 X-1.

I've read through a number of topics on the forum and am wondering if anyone can steer me toward the black or yellow replacements.

Also, any advice on where to purchase online would be appreciated.

Many tHANKS,
jeff
Jeff -

Get the impellers from Seattle MasterCraft in Issaquah - they are great. Also, don't waste you money on the yellow ones - they are too soft in my opinion. Get the new green impellers. I have 3 of them in my ballast pumps, they work great. The black ones worked good for me too. The yellow ones just were too soft to create a pressure head to suck water into the bags.

Check on my thread on the green impellers and the polishing of the insides of the pumps and underside of the lid. It works great - just takes some time.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=29454
Old 06-02-2009, 07:28 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X7
I just replaced the black ones with the new green ones because the black and the yellow ones are too soft and the tanks self siphon.

There is another thread on this some ware in the forum.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

PS 205

Did you "have" to polish the pump to make them work better?

I am going to head over to MC Issaquah this afternoon and pick those up...Alsi going to change the freshwater impeller as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostar205 View Post
Jeff -

Get the impellers from Seattle MasterCraft in Issaquah - they are great. Also, don't waste you money on the yellow ones - they are too soft in my opinion. Get the new green impellers. I have 3 of them in my ballast pumps, they work great. The black ones worked good for me too. The yellow ones just were too soft to create a pressure head to suck water into the bags.

Check on my thread on the green impellers and the polishing of the insides of the pumps and underside of the lid. It works great - just takes some time.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=29454