Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 05-20-2005, 12:02 PM
bzeeman

Smile joa great dealer in georgia

I traded the mooba that I bought with my lake house for an x 10 last season b/c I liked the attitude of the staff and the quality of the boat and my wife like the color.Durring my experience I also meet the new owner and found him to go above and beyond normal good service.
One time I had a problem and needed a rescue shortly after the purchase , the owner showed up with the trailer I choose not buy and pulled me out.
This season I damaged my prop and the dealer cam out and fixed it on my dock.
I couldn't be happier.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197
Is this JOA in Marietta or Lake Lanier?
Old 06-01-2005, 10:12 AM
TT Regular

Boat: '92 Prostar 190 - 285 HO
Atlanta TT Folks,

About a week before TTAdmin took the site down to make improvements and highlight the new user agreement, I was one of the folks who was quick to bash JOA. A few days later, I found a PM waiting for me from Rusty Hutton, who is one of the new owners of JOA. Just by him taking the time to send me the message and introduce himself has made me reconsider my feelings. Rusty seems to be genuinely interested about the experiences his customers have, and has offered to personally follow-up on anything that I need.

My apologies go out to the best ski boat manufacturer in the world, JOA, TTAdmin, and the TT community.

-Todd
Old 06-01-2005, 10:33 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC Prostar 209, 2002, 330HP Indmar
My JOA experience...........

I posted on he about a month ago about who to take my MC to for service. I got a ton of responses bashing JOA and I was very worried. I then talked to a friend of mine who used to be affiliated with the MC dealership in Charlotte. He told me to take it to JOA at Lake Lanier and ask for DJ. I did, and they did a great job. Had my boat in and out in 1 day. It was a regular every hundred hour service. Boat was clean and I was happy with the service. Their shop there at Lake Lanier is nice, and they have tons of MCs there, which makes me less nervouse to return it there. When I do upgrade my boat, I will definitely be using these guys. I have turned my ProStar 209 into an X9 minus the ballast system, but I will probably upgrade in 2 years or so.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, 2003, X2, MCX
It's good to see/hear positive experiences coming from our local ATL MC dealer. I too have been a basher. Rusty contacted me as well and asked that I give them another chance to win me back. I really wasn't interested, but he didn't give up on me. His persistence, passion for customer service, and positive changes to improve customer service convinced me to give them another chance. Hopefully my days of dealer bashing are over .

I also suggested to Rusty that it would be nice if they could contribute more on this forum. The information provided from other dealers, such as MYMC and JIM@BAWS, has been VERY informative.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:10 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Tristar 190, 1989 / Maristar 210 2002
Send a message via MSN to LakePirate
I would have to third the comments made here by other Atlanta Area Members. I too was not impressed with JOA. However, Rusty has taken on the daunting task of trying to build relationships that have been damaged in the past. Good luck Brother. It appears that you are headed in the right direction.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC, 35th Anniversary Edition, 03 Stars & Stripes
Look forward to any improvements

I too will look forward to any improvements made at JOA. Hopefully our boat will not be back in there until winterization and will see what Rusty has actually done to make JOA a better dealership.
amonette516@comcast.net