Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Find A Pull / Give a Pull

Old 05-05-2009, 02:02 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2001 Mastercraft prostar 205v
Private Ski Lakes In California?

So I have heard there are some private ski lakes in california. Does anyone know about this? Also can you bring jet skiis cuz a few of my buddies have some really cool, fast and tricked out jet skiis that we just get tickled over. Let me know man these lakes sound like a really good deal. I want some first hand knowledge on these lakes.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:05 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtrimit View Post
So I have heard there are some private ski lakes in california. Does anyone know about this? Also can you bring jet skiis cuz a few of my buddies have some really cool, fast and tricked out jet skiis that we just get tickled over. Let me know man these lakes sound like a really good deal. I want some first hand knowledge on these lakes.
Super Secret, Super Private, and LEAVE THE %#&^@ Jet Skis at home!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:24 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2001 Mastercraft prostar 205v
hey soda do you know of any lakes like this. you seem very seasoned in this boating deal.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Not a MC
I can tell you that you will probably not find a single private lake that will let you come tear around with some jet skis. That is easy enough to do on much larger public water so why would you need a private lake to begin with?

If you want to do some skiing on private lakes post a message here:

www.thewaterskiforum.com

or

www.skifly.com

That may help you find some private waters.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:31 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Now what's the name of the lake Rodell skis on??????????

I think there is a reason private lakes are developed, to have great ski condition's w/o smokers/toobers messing up the water.

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Last edited by TMCNo1; 05-05-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:45 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtrimit View Post
hey soda do you know of any lakes like this. you seem very seasoned in this boating deal.
Yeah, all the private lakes in our Area are out in Newberry Springs, CA or Bakersfield... I know the Newberry Area.

The only private, non-ski course lakes are Lake Jodie, Calico Lake and Crystal Lake (All Allow Skis... UNFORTUNATELY!)

The ski-course lakes that laugh at you if your bring a trailer with Jet-Skis on it are Sundown Lake 1 & 2, Cheyenne Lake, Wet Set Village, Great Lakes, and a few ultra-private lakes that pretty much only the owner lives on (i.e-Horton Lake)

We had a place on Calico for 5 years and then moved to Lake Jodie in 1992. We just sold out house on Lake Jodie after 16 years.

Betsy and David Harrison can help you on the Bakersfield lakes, but ALL of those are ski course lakes... not too sure they are 205v compliant!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:53 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: None
Since we are discussing private lakes on the west coast (specifically southern ca) does anyone have any info on Vail Lake out in Temecula? I heard about it a couple weeks back, but dont know the general water quality, size, etc....
Old 05-05-2009, 03:05 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway View Post
Since we are discussing private lakes on the west coast (specifically southern ca) does anyone have any info on Vail Lake out in Temecula? I heard about it a couple weeks back, but dont know the general water quality, size, etc....
Looks like it would get pretty rough and blown out... looks like only fishing, too.

http://www.vaillakeresort.com
Old 05-05-2009, 03:05 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by elway View Post
If you like fishing Vail is a nice lake http://www.vaillakeresort.com/index.php?p=1_1_Home
Old 05-05-2009, 03:27 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2001 prostar 205
are there any lakes in the area that will allow a 205v and if so what do have to do get on them I have recently got into barefooting and want to find flat flat water