Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-29-2009, 10:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 Stars and Stripes
I posted the same thing on your page about your 83 S&S, but in case you did not see it, what type of material is it - vinyl - canvas - cloth - or do you know? If you can, please take an up close photo of the material and post it. I would like to see the material up close as mine has a weird kind of texture - kind of like a blue jean waive or knap. "The upholstery guy" actually calls it blue jean or denim. Does yours have any pattern to it?
Old 04-29-2009, 11:05 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2009 Tournament Team 197
I had the same denim material in mine, I had new vinyl and new padding put in about 4 years ago. I added the black pipping for accent. Like you, I strive to stay as orignal as possible (I am looking for the original brush aluminum dash panels now. My vinyl guy told me that the ridges in the original fabric design harbor too much water and dirt.

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/atta...1&d=1241056751

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/atta...1&d=1241056751
Attached Images

#46 of #100
Old 04-30-2009, 12:13 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 X-2 RTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by markismm View Post
I posted the same thing on your page about your 83 S&S, but in case you did not see it, what type of material is it - vinyl - canvas - cloth - or do you know? If you can, please take an up close photo of the material and post it. I would like to see the material up close as mine has a weird kind of texture - kind of like a blue jean waive or knap. "The upholstery guy" actually calls it blue jean or denim. Does yours have any pattern to it?
It is vinyl. I know what you mean about the "blue jean" texture. The upholstery (original) I took off was the same way. It also had the 2 thin heat pressed lines like yours does with the simulated thread in the center of the lines. The new stuff doesn't have that.

I will get you a close up and a picture of the amp install as soon as I get a chance. My install isn't nearly as clean as yours. I basically built a box that I screwed into the floor in the bow and screwed the amp into that. It sits the amp about 7 inches off the floor about 1 foot in front of the observer's seat. It is somewhat a temporary thing because I'm going to install a sub eventually and build a box for that as well as change the location of the amp.

What do you have for an alternator on your boat, and are you running one battery?
Chuck at BAW is trying to locate me a 50amp alternator right now that will hook up the same as the current alternator (ext. reg.). Hopefully he comes up with something, and that will make the swap really simple.

Last edited by xstarplease; 04-30-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

I have a LEECE NEVILLE Alternator that puts out 37 amps. I has been completely adequate thus far with respect to powering all of the accesories and stereo including amp. I will be happy to provide you the model number if you would like it. I think LEECE NEVILLE makes a 50 amp alternator in the same size too.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:06 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 X-2 RTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by markismm View Post
I have a LEECE NEVILLE Alternator that puts out 37 amps. I has been completely adequate thus far with respect to powering all of the accesories and stereo including amp. I will be happy to provide you the model number if you would like it. I think LEECE NEVILLE makes a 50 amp alternator in the same size too.
Yeah, that would be great. Also, where did you buy the spare tire cover? Thanks a lot!
Old 05-02-2009, 01:08 AM
TT Enthusiast

You can get the tire cover from:

http://www.nefwm.com/eshopprod_cat_2...TIRE_COVER.htm

As for the alternator model, take a look at these pics below:

Old 05-29-2009, 10:56 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2005 X2
Are you skiing or footing this weekend, the weatherman is calling for 90 degree's, sunny, and no chance of rain...i guess we'll see. let me know if you want to link up, weekend or weekday.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:20 PM

Boat: 06 X30
I think we are finally heading out to the Harding after some six days of straight rain. I just changed out the strut bushings and put on new prop! I think I'm gonna do some Air Chair runs this weekend!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:24 AM
JASON@MIDWEST

I Can Get The Replacement Vinyl

I DO CUSTOM AND RESTORATION UPHOLSTERY AND ONE OF MY SUPPLIERS SAYS THAT THEY CAN DUPLICATE THAT PLEATING. I WOULD NEED A SAMPLE, SO WE COULD GET THE COLOR MATCH CORRECT. AND WE COULD REUPHOLSTER YOUR COMPLETE INTERIOR AS IT WAS ORIGINALLY OR REPAIR JUST WHAT NEEDS TO BE REPAIRED. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, YOU CAN EMAIL ME @ JASON@MIDWESTAUTOTOPS.COM
Old 08-18-2010, 06:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

The same stuff in my boat - the beige / sand color denim type material? I will send you a pm right now if you can to disucss the sale of the material. Please let me know. Mark.

Tags
original, speakers, stars and stripes, upholstery