Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-01-2009, 10:40 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft X2, 2008, 350
Heater hole cover ideas needed

I have a 2008 x2, Im currently modifying the stock 10" sub area. I Swapped the stock 10 and replaced it with a JL 10w7 I am going ported however the sub rest farther back and covers 1/2 of the hole, well like 3 inches away from it. I will have to run the port out of the back of the box. I am rerouting the heater to the back wall however need to plug the 4" hole. Does anyone know of a plug/cover that would look good in that area.

Table billet aluminum bracket work?

If I have to resort to fiberglassing it, I will but was just looking to hopefully just plug it.

Also for redrilling a 4" hole what is the best way? hole saw with masking tape? Im just worried about the gel cracking.

Thanks
Old 05-01-2009, 11:31 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X1, RTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneandOnly View Post
I have a 2008 x2, Im currently modifying the stock 10" sub area. I Swapped the stock 10 and replaced it with a JL 10w7 I am going ported however the sub rest farther back and covers 1/2 of the hole, well like 3 inches away from it. I will have to run the port out of the back of the box. I am rerouting the heater to the back wall however need to plug the 4" hole. Does anyone know of a plug/cover that would look good in that area.

Table billet aluminum bracket work?

If I have to resort to fiberglassing it, I will but was just looking to hopefully just plug it.

Also for redrilling a 4" hole what is the best way? hole saw with masking tape? Im just worried about the gel cracking.

Thanks

I used a hole saw and tape when I installed me transom remote. Just make sure you run the saw in reverse till you get through the gel coat, and then you can switch it back to forward.

Six in, Six out.

2007 MasterCraft X-1, CHARCOAL Black