Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-28-2009, 02:31 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 Maristar 210
Pics?

GNAT....love to see some pics of your ND tower install and hear details, do's and dont's, etc. Let's see that custom bimini!

I just bought a beautiful '01 Maristar 210 and need to add a tower and bimini. Thanks!
Old 08-28-2009, 03:53 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleMC View Post
Hey MariStar-Man, can you tell me what kind of tower you have on the Maristar 210VRS that you show pictures of in your post?
WEll, the lettering on it is missing letters but it looks like, "Zero Flex" then on the crossmembers, it REads, "X-Series." Lastly on the top on a white sticker it read X-10 before I took it off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCNo1 View Post
Pop up cleats, [url], tutorial in posts 45, 46 & 55.
Wow #1 that was really brave drilling into your boat, and you did a fine job. MasterCraft should put you on their payroll...
Old 08-28-2009, 03:59 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemac View Post
maristar man, harold and russlars have great suggestions. i'll throw out another in case you're going to spend some cash..
thanks for the bone here...! That could be another option fer sure... I just spent 8 bills on my Boat Cover... who Knows? maybe Santa willstop by...

Quote:
Originally Posted by russlars View Post
Here is a thread on how I retrofitted my old bimini to fit my tower Good luck. By the way, nice color combination on your Maristar. Looks familiar!
thanks for sharing that TidBit! I think I can make some moves with this info...
Old 08-28-2009, 07:51 AM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariStar-Man View Post
Wow #1 that was really brave drilling into your boat, and you did a fine job. MasterCraft should put you on their payroll...
They are on my payroll, cause I've been buying stuff for 20+ years.

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:41 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcrichardson View Post
This boat is on the original trailer that came as a package deal. So your saying the wake is a little big for the ski and is ok for the wake board? I am thinking a 23 has to be heavy and have a pretty good size wake. again this is my first attempt to own a MC and a little worried the boat being 23 might have too much wake. I am not worried about the size of the boat just the size of the wake. Does anyone know the answer too this. Would the wake be smaller than the one behind a 19 foot stingray or a 19 foot older model wellcraft I/O's? I know lots of questions, but just not many direct or v-drives up this way. Thanks for all the answers.
The ski wake on my 230 is pretty good, far better than any I/O I've ever owned or skied, and if I needed or wanted it better than it is, I'd add a wake plate. Wakeboard wake is also good, especially if you ballast it. A buddy and I ski every Thursday morning using either his X-10 or my 230 VRS. I think the wakes are identical between the two boats, he thinks mine is better for skiing.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: maristar 230
here is the deal

I took it out today. It is a 2000 Maristar 23 vrs. Has tower and swim platform. Things changed on the price. This boat came out of the south and in to the cold of winter. They planned on rebuilding, but in stead replaced. The motor is the 330 efi new motor with new manifolds. It is great shape, but has damage to gel coat on one corner. The damage is about the size of a quarter. They was going to ask 12,000 when they was talking a rebuilt motor. Now they are at 18,500 with the new motor. It has the perfect pass also and the interior is great, but one little spot on the back of the seat. The baot had 161 hours on it. This is a little more than I expected, but is this a good price? It seems to be with the prices I have seen around. I drove like a dream and at 16 mpd looked like great wake for the wake board and at 30 it look like it had a good wake also. So really it comes down to the price. Has full cover, cushion for the bow to make it a full pad. The prop look new as did the rudder. SO PLEASE HELP ME. I want it but wondering what everyone thinks of the price. Will it hold its value if well taken care of or does 3rd hand make the price drop. I know strange questions but I need help
Old 08-29-2009, 12:27 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MASTERCRAFT, MARISTAR 240, 1989, 454 INDMAR
IMHO you are just above a low retail price. I find it interesting that the new engine was put in and the cost basically added on to the price. It's a buyer's market. I would start at 16,000 and go no higher than 17,000 only if you've done your research and are sure that this is the right type of boat for you. Good luck.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:21 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1999 Mastercraft Maristar 210 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNAT87 View Post
Ive got my towerbimini getting shipped out tomorrow and cant wait for it. completely custom work so I made some changes on mine thatll make it different. Hopefully I can post some pics next week. Eagle MC, not sure what tower that is on marimans boat but it looks exactly like a New Dimension. Just put my ND tower on last week and you can go wrong with those. Installation was simple due to quality
GNAT, How difficult was the installation? Did you do it yourself?
Old 08-29-2009, 12:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: maristar 230
Well thanks for all the input. I am off one more time to the dealer. Again I my friends together to talk it over one last time. Again they both agree the boat is not over price and like Rob said it is a buyers market. The price of the boat engine would cost one of US 5-6000 to put in if the dealer did it, but we know it did not cost them that much. I really hate to loose the boat, but I am not paying over 17,000 for it. I have now doubt that the boat is worth 20,000 plus in the condition it is in. I just think the dealer would like to move it. So I am going to 15,000 on the table and see what I get. I will either get the boat or bring the money home. Thanks agian and if my daughter can figure out how to add the pic I will just for the heck of it.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:51 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Maristar
Eagle theres not much to the install. I did it myself with one other person just to move the tower around. When you buy a tower from New Dimension you get the tower, great instructions, all the hardware needed, backing plates, and a can of fiberglass(Kitty Hair). You assemble the tower on the ground and then set it on the boat. Play with it and find your marks and mark them. Pull the tower off and drill the holes.

Do it right and dont skip the fiberglass part! Here you just spread the glass on the backing plates about 1/4" thick and put them in place. I gave my boat about 2 days to set up before i used the tower.

No joke the hardest part of the install was pulling a couple panels of the inside to get to the locations. Once I did that no location was hard to get to and everything went smooth.
With 2 people it took 4 hours.