Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-20-2015, 06:25 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 08 MC X-2, MCX 350
what is the best Heater "hot tube" location

I am adding a heater craft heater to my X2(2008) and was wondering what the best locations were for the 2 pull out "hot tubes" or where did the factory place them?

Thanks in advance
Old 03-20-2015, 06:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-2 MCX
I have the same boat. Mine came with a 2 vent heater. Near the drivers feet is a "fixed" vent. Behind the drivers seat is a small side bench and the other "pull out" vent was there below the seat. I upgraded to a 3 vent core and added a pull out vent near/above where my left foot would be while driving.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:09 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2007 X2
I have pictures of my install in my photo album on my profile page. Two pull outs in the bench behind the driver and one pull out in the walk thru just behind the wind screen. That way the kids all get a tube and they are not pulling tubes around and over me while I'm driving. 07 x2. The core is under the starboard rear bench corner. That keeps my hoses short and good water flow. Works great. Hit me up if you need any advice.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:34 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 X2
Heater

I'm looking at also adding a heater to my 08 X2 this spring. We have talked about putting them in one of the cup holder locations on each side. Is that a good/bad idea?
Old 03-24-2015, 10:52 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sseager View Post
I'm looking at also adding a heater to my 08 X2 this spring. We have talked about putting them in one of the cup holder locations on each side. Is that a good/bad idea?
That is a great place for them, IMO.
I put a 3 vent heater in my 06 X2.
1 vent zip tied up under the helm for the driver, no cutting involved and can't see it.
I installed the other 2 pullout vents like a 4th cup holder in the rear on each side.
I don't have pics, may find some in a search I posted on here years ago.
It's a tight fit and you have to cut the holes perfectly or ruin the integrity of the backing board under the cup holders. Also had to modify the vent tubes and put a "bend" in them to follow the shape of the hull as they are too long to sit in there flush.
Mounted the heater core under the rear starboard side seat, so minimal run of water hoses and vent hoses, plus no electronics there if it ever leaks.
Didn't use the wye fitting into the raw water line for the heater core return hose, just a tee. All 3 vents get good hot air flow from them.
Best part is didn't have to cut into any exposed glass in the tub and the 2 vents will reach from the observer seat all the way around to behind the driver. Essentially the whole system can be removed from the boat without leaving any exposed holes except by the cup holders which could be filled with an extra cup holder easily.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 03-25-2015, 12:40 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Tige RZ2, previously 99 MC205
I have one in my walkway and it seems like a good place. The hose is long enough to be used by people in the bow or the rear of the boat.