Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-02-2009, 07:02 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Prostar 190, 1996, LT1
Stuff you've dropped in the water

So what stuff have you dropped in the drink??? Extra points if you've got the guts to tell about the really stupid things.

1 cell phone, couple of sunglasses, screwdriver and various nuts, bolts, etc....

My son dropped me in the water....... Picture if you will, our family on our Prostar 190......me sitting on the transome in the middle of getting ready for a ski run....my son sitting in the observer seat....without getting into the drivers seat, he twists around and starts the boat....(insert ominus music here).... I say "DON'T EVER do that. You ALWAYS get in the drivers seat before you start to operate the boat!".....(you can see it coming can't ya)....before I can stop him he whips around and jumps into the drivers seat and his knee hit the gear shift lever hard enough to slam it into full throttle forward.....I suddenly find myself with no boat under me (picture Wiley Coyote hanging in air). Funny how many angry thoughts can go thru your head in the short time it takes to hit the water. I can distinctly remember cussing underwater. After that little senerio, he never did anything close to that again...lesson learned. Years later, my wife told me that after he stopped the boat, he turned to her with a look of utter fear and said "I don't want to go back there!" Luckily no one got hurt, and it taught him a valuable lesson.....oh, and I lost the sunglasses I was wearing.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:07 PM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
I heard Knox lost his truck keys once.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:10 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Med Blue 2012 X2, Illmor 5.7
Send a message via MSN to dpolen
How about a stereo speaker? I accidientally dropped a nice Infinity Kappa component speaker in the lake while working on my parent's old Trojan express cruiser.

Beyond that, I've got the usual stuff like sunglasses, tools, and bolts/screws.

He who dies with the most toys wins...I'm losing right now!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:18 PM
TT Newbie

I dropped a cell phone in the water on the ramp while is was launching. Of course, it was dead as a doornail when I fished it out. I threw it on the dashboard and let it cook all day. When the day was done it was working again like nothing ever happened. Nokia quality construction. Other than that a whole bunch of flags including a really cool orange Boise State flag which I used as a skier flag....gone.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X Star, 2000
Helping grandma get into the boat and promising her she wont fall, brother sitting in the drivers seat and he thinks its funny to hit the gas. needless to say, he got no birthday or Christmas present from her that year... oh and no one was hurt and looking back even she thinks its really funny.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:20 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
That's a good one bobbyB fortunately only shades for me, alot of them though, especially when I had jetskis
Old 03-02-2009, 07:34 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
One perfectly good MasterCraft towel and that's it!

When we had our lake place, I had a neighbor that found out a chainsaw wouldn't run underwater, while cutting off pier posts!

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:37 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2
2 cell phones, 1 t-shirt and a flip flop.

oh and my wakeboard flew off the rack and never found it.

i did throw my son off the back when he started bit**ing about his last wakeboard set. does that count?
Old 03-02-2009, 07:44 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1996 Mastercraft Prostar 205
Just my boat....sans plug....fortunately I realized it while it was still on the trailer at the ramp. Rookie mistake.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:56 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
I have lost 11 cellphones, 3 pairs of glasses, a plug, an outboard (dinghy), a digital camera, deck fill caps, fuel keys, etc, etc, etc.

The cellphones are really my claim to fame, though. I was cancelled by insurance 4 times. They really need to make a waterproof, floating phone.