Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-30-2009, 07:53 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 MasterCraft PS197 TT, #31/100, MCX 5.7L
Latest From Perfect Pass

http://perfectpass.com/perfect_pass_whats_new.html

Jan 27, 2009: PerfectPass statement on Star Gazer for 2009 tournament season.

Over the last few months there has been significant discussion around the topic of PerfectPass releasing a Star Gazer upgrade that would mimic the pull of ZO. In fact, PerfectPass tested several versions of this experimental software.

At present, this project is on hold as ZO has released nine (9) new versions which are currently being evaluated. According to the company’s website, these new versions will optimize the pull for a broader range of skiers. This X Version experimental software offers a number of different engine response parameters.

According to a number of skiers, they were able to select a setting that felt softer and more “like PerfectPass”...and that the transition between systems is much easier. Testing and skier feedback should be more definitive as spring draws closer.

While we are fully aware that no two speed controls or different brands of boats will ever ski the same, we are encouraged that the gap between speed control brands appears to be shrinking for the benefit of the sport.

PerfectPass will be re-evaluating this project in a few months. In the meantime, Star Gazer Version 7.0 (62) has a number of improvements over last year. They are:

1. No need to disengage in the turns making driving easier.
2. To ensure skiers of all sizes receive an optimal pull, there is a setting for very light skiers and light pullers known as “F” as well as the letter “X” for heavy pullers over 200 pounds.
3. On mechanical systems, the servo rollback has been reduced by 50% for a crisper throttle feel and quicker engagement.
4. Calibration can easily be done in open water, without a course.
5. Software Upgrades will be available soon by simply ordering a plug in “Software Update Device” from PerfectPass. Cost of this device will be $75.

With regards to Promotional Boats for 2009 and the status of approved software. In the United States, PerfectPass Star Gazer and Classic are both fully approved for R Class Events throughout the 2009 tournament season.
2005 ProStar 197TT, #31/100; Tournament PB 1.5 @ 38 off, June 2012
Old 01-30-2009, 01:13 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Previous boat (2005-2013): MasterCraft, X-5, 2001, 310 hp Predator, PerfectPass StarGazer WBP
Good to know - thanks for posting.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:25 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Great Info!

Hopefully they will get the update out before the season heats up!

Calibration in open water would be an awesome improvement!
Old 01-30-2009, 02:30 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Mastercraft X-2 MCX
so does this only apply to the stargazer, or does it apply to wake edition as well?

i'm curious about this
3. On mechanical systems, the servo rollback has been reduced by 50% for a crisper throttle feel and quicker engagement.

2003 X-2 MCX
Old 01-30-2009, 02:33 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemac View Post
so does this only apply to the stargazer, or does it apply to wake edition as well?

Good question, I think I'm going to install the wakeboard pro in the next few days......Eastie, you out there? Any words of wisdom? I know you know your stargazer.....
Old 01-30-2009, 04:40 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
I have no idea if the update applies to wake edition. Seems like a few of those improvements, i.e., open water and not needing disengage in the turn (current version slams on the gas because the gps thinks you've basically stopped) would be helpful in a WB setting. I could see myself being interested in this upgrade. An adjustment for river current would be nice, too.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:45 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
I have no idea if the update applies to wake edition. Seems like a few of those improvements, i.e., open water and not needing disengage in the turn (current version slams on the gas because the gps thinks you've basically stopped) would be helpful in a WB setting. I could see myself being interested in this upgrade. An adjustment for river current would be nice, too.
The last time I talked to them, they said that future versions will be taking input from a paddle wheel to correct speeds for currents.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:56 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, fuel injected 302
Thanks for the info....interesting

'91 prostar 190
Old 01-30-2009, 05:38 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
The last time I talked to them, they said that future versions will be taking input from a paddle wheel to correct speeds for currents.
Glad I have a paddle wheel. Kind of strange that they'd go that route since the latest version of SG doesn't require a paddle wheel.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:40 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
Glad I have a paddle wheel. Kind of strange that they'd go that route since the latest version of SG doesn't require a paddle wheel.
Exactly. They said that the new cable will basically be a Y-cable... 1 for the GPS antenna and one for the paddlewheel.

Tags
perfect pass, stargazer