Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 01-24-2009, 05:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 Prostar 209 MCX
I-pod for the Clarion XMD1

I have 2003 Prostar 209 with the factory Clarion XMD1 head unit. Has anyone purchased or tried this new unit?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-dgoc3ce...h=clarion+ipod

It looks like you would be able to control the I-pod with the radio and it charges the i-pod. Seems like a great product.

So any one with any experience with this unit?

Thanks
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2009, 11:10 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
I have the model from last year. Works as advertised. Charges the iPOD and have control from the head unit and the remote. I should also mention that I also changed out the 03 head unit to the new 08 version that supports MP3s.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:01 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: none yet
anyone know if this will work with an Iphone too?
Old 01-26-2009, 12:29 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 PS197 LY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramison View Post
anyone know if this will work with an Iphone too?
It looks like it depends on what iPhone model you have. On Crutchfield's website they have a tab for Hands-on Research and it lists compatible iPod products. Here is a quote from that page though.

"This interface does not support the iPod touch (1st/2nd generation), iPod nano (3rd/4th generation), or iPhone 3G. This interface does not work with the RCB-138 C-Bus conversion adapter."
Old 01-26-2009, 12:38 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 PS197 LY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fskof View Post
I have 2003 Prostar 209 with the factory Clarion XMD1 head unit. Has anyone purchased or tried this new unit?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-dgoc3ce...h=clarion+ipod

It looks like you would be able to control the I-pod with the radio and it charges the i-pod. Seems like a great product.

So any one with any experience with this unit?

Thanks
Since you have an XMD1 I am almost positive this adapter will not work with your unit. I don't think the XMD1 has a CNET connector on it. I think you would need to upgrade to at least the XMD3. There is only one way to connect an iPod directly to the XMD1 and you have to make the cable yourself. Check out this thread. It has all the info on what you need to do to make an iPod cable for your XMD1.

Andyg
Old 01-10-2012, 12:54 AM
whaddad

Xmd1

I tried everything and just ended up replacing the head unit for a CMD6 with a wired remote MW1 everything works great, IPOD, Bluetooth, Remote. I have a problem now connecting to my CD Changer. Apparently now I need an RCB 138 CBUS to CNET adaptor which is now discontinued. Any Idea where I can find one of these?