Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 05-10-2005, 04:19 PM
MC Addict

Boat: Tubtime Tugboat
Send a message via MSN to bcampbe7
Spare tire

Does anyone know (off the top of there head) the wheel size and lug spacing I will need for a 96 PS190 trailer? I want to buy a spare wheel and tire, but am not sure what I need.

Thanks
Old 05-24-2005, 09:47 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft, Stars and Stripes, 1983, 351 W.
Send a message via AIM to SKI*MC Send a message via MSN to SKI*MC
Wouldnt you need the same size and lug space as your regular tire?
Old 05-24-2005, 11:04 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1987 Prostar 190 PowerSlot, 2004 22' Bennington Pontoon 90 HP Mercury 4-stroke
I'm not sure how to describe this but there is a third aspect to this that you need to be aware of and that is how far the bolt face of the rim is from the outside of the tire. If it is too shallow the tire will actually rub on the inside of the fender and if it is too deep the tire will rub on the outer edge so. So you need to know: 1) the number of bolt holes (obviously), 2) the diamer of the bolt pattern, 3) the diameter of the center hole, 4) the distance from the inner face of the bolt ring and the inner edge of the rim, 5) the width of the rim, and 6) of course the wheel size.

I know when I bought a spare for my '87 prostar I spent a lot of time in the junkyard looking for the right one and believe it came of an '82 Grand Marque. Going the junkyard route you can get a rim pretty cheaply but is kind of a pain. Might be easier just calling up MasterCraft.

Lance
Old 05-25-2005, 12:23 AM
Leroy

MarkP send me over here to the spare tire thread. I trust him.

I'm struggling with my wetsuit. It appears to have shrunk over the past 8 years. I wore it today skiing and it was more like a dry suit. I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad. It used to fit loose but water would splash in. BUt now, no water comes in, but breathing was difficult.

Any suggestions?
Old 05-25-2005, 09:28 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
When I was gettting a spare for my 93 I wanted a chrome wheel just like what was on the trailer so I wouldn't have to get one of those tire covers. I checked with Goodyear because it had Marathon trailer tires. I also checked several other places. The best price was getting it from Overtons especially early in te year when they run those early season $$ off coupons. Might be late for the coupons but when I showed the guy at Goodyear (that is where I buy all my tires) the catalog and price he said go ahead and get it there because he couldn't even match the price
Old 05-25-2005, 09:39 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy

I'm struggling with my wetsuit. It appears to have shrunk over the past 8 years. I wore it today skiing and it was more like a dry suit. I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad. It used to fit loose but water would splash in. BUt now, no water comes in, but breathing was difficult.

Any suggestions?
ROTFLMFAO!!! The spare tire thred. Jeez Mark you kill me!!
Old 05-25-2005, 09:42 AM
MC Platinum

BTW Leroy, Mark told me the other day he was a little out of shape from the long winter so maybe he should be over here with you. All that olive oil, tequilla and the Viking Range.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:52 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1982 Skier19, Powerslot, 351PCM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy

Any suggestions?
Maybe your spare tire is overinflated. Try letting some air out. But dont do that inside the wetsuit.

As far as the boat trailer goes, I have been thinking of getting one for my trailer (for the last 20 years)
Old 05-25-2005, 09:53 AM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
Now watch me take the heat for hijacking this thread from all the way on the other side of the board. In my defense I didnít even look in on this thread until today. From the title I just assumed, . And Bri, its a Wolf..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Grover
When I was gettting a spare for my 93 I wanted a chrome wheel just like what was on the trailer so I wouldn't have to get one of those tire covers. I checked with Goodyear because it had Marathon trailer tires. I also checked several other places. The best price was getting it from Overtons especially early in te year when they run those early season $$ off coupons. Might be late for the coupons but when I showed the guy at Goodyear (that is where I buy all my tires) the catalog and price he said go ahead and get it there because he couldn't even match the price

I ended up getting my tires at the Goodyear store because I was in a little bit of a hurry as I blew an old one on the way from the lake.

The wife calls me abrasive
The kids call me Daddy Sweetwater
But the ladies, they just call me El Guapo
Old 05-25-2005, 10:26 AM
MC Platinum

Sorry Mark, it's a Wolf.

I got my Marathons from Tire Rack.Com.