Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-16-2006, 10:32 PM
BriEOD's Avatar
BriEOD BriEOD is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Location: Severn River, MD
Posts: 9,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrandol
I knew it!! East is upgrading and your buying his Cherry machine aren't you!!
NO, NO, NO ... slow down Tonto!! Doug is not selling his boat. We were discussing what best suits my families needs. As you know the man is a walking MC spec sheet. If he knows as much about the law as he does MCs he must be a fantastic lawyer.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-16-2006, 10:33 PM
6ballsisall's Avatar
6ballsisall 6ballsisall is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: None this week!
Location: Coming out of the 6 Ball
Posts: 10,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriEOD
NO, NO, NO ... slow down Tonto!! Doug is not selling his boat. We were discussing what best suits my families needs. As you know the man is a walking MC spec sheet. If he knows as much about the law as he does MCs he must be a fantastic lawyer.
So what are you getting????????
__________________
Living like no one else so later we can live like no one else

MC's owned:
1986 Skier 19
1995 ProStar 190
2003 X-7
1994 ProStar 205 (current)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-16-2006, 10:34 PM
erkoehler's Avatar
erkoehler erkoehler is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 14,473
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriEOD
NO, NO, NO ... slow down Tonto!! Doug is not selling his boat. We were discussing what best suits my families needs. As you know the man is a walking MC spec sheet. If he knows as much about the law as he does MCs he must be a fantastic lawyer.

I'd tell you to call me and I'll hook you up with a deal, but I know better than to mess around in Jim@BAWS's area

Honestly, if you have questions you should talk to Jim, he is great and knows his stuff.
__________________
www.lauderdalelakesmarina.com
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-16-2006, 10:37 PM
BriEOD's Avatar
BriEOD BriEOD is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Location: Severn River, MD
Posts: 9,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkoehler
I'd tell you to call me and I'll hook you up with a deal, but I know better than to mess around in Jim@BAWS's area

Honestly, if you have questions you should talk to Jim, he is great and knows his stuff.
Thanks Eric.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-16-2006, 10:37 PM
BriEOD's Avatar
BriEOD BriEOD is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Location: Severn River, MD
Posts: 9,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrandol
So what are you getting????????
PM if your really interested.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-16-2006, 10:37 PM
Farmer Ted's Avatar
Farmer Ted Farmer Ted is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190
Location: Deep in the heart of Taxes!
Posts: 3,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriEOD
Well, I got home tonight and this was sitting by the pool with a bow on it. We are going to do some filets tomorrow. I can't wait.

Farmer, I hope you're right buddy!!


Bri,

Please check out the flashback video at http://www.nakedwhiz.com/flash.htm before you grill some steaks.

Once that thing gets going with the top off and the bottom wide open, if you don't "burp" it four or five times it will scare the shiot out of you.

If you like your steaks meduim rare and they are thick
-get that sucker up around 600-700 and sear them 2-3 minutes each side
-then put the ceramic top on and close the bottom 2-3 minutes each side (very important to take the top off and crack the bottom vent, burp before opening the lid wide open, remember you just starved a raging fire of any and all oxygen)
-put it on a plate and let it sit for 5 minutes (it's still cooking)


You won't regret it!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-16-2006, 10:41 PM
BriEOD's Avatar
BriEOD BriEOD is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Location: Severn River, MD
Posts: 9,027
Sweet dude!!! I cannot wait. BTW, that thing ways a ton. My wife paid $36 to have the store she bought it from deliver it and assemble. Do you have any accessories? I have a pizza stone. Any good recipes?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Farmer Ted's Avatar
Farmer Ted Farmer Ted is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190
Location: Deep in the heart of Taxes!
Posts: 3,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriEOD
Sweet dude!!! I cannot wait. BTW, that thing ways a ton. My wife paid $36 to have the store she bought it from deliver it and assemble. Do you have any accessories? I have a pizza stone. Any good recipes?

Rub your steaks down with Plochmans mustard, season with sea salt/kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper......

don't worry the mustard will "disappear"



Get a plate setter, put the pizza stone on it, get a good recipe for pizza dough and do pizzas!

Pork shoulders are a good first cook for smoking, Check out the BGE webpage, under recipes look for Elder Wards Pulled Pork follow them to a T and you will not go wrong.
http://www.biggreenegg.com/recipes/p...pulledPork.htm






Other than a plate setter, I'd recommend getting a good V-rack (for ribs and turkeys)

I have a large and a mini, I'd like another Large.....

Last edited by Farmer Ted; 06-16-2006 at 10:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-16-2006, 10:57 PM
BriEOD's Avatar
BriEOD BriEOD is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Location: Severn River, MD
Posts: 9,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Ted
Rub your steaks down with Plochmans mustard, season with sea salt/kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper......

don't worry the mustard will "disappear"



Get a plate setter, put the pizza stone on it, get a good recipe for pizza dough and do pizzas!

Pork shoulders are a good first cook for smoking, Check out the BGE webpage, under recipes look for Elder Wards Pulled Pork follow them to a T and you will not go wrong.
http://www.biggreenegg.com/recipes/p...pulledPork.htm




Other than a plate setter, I'd recommend getting a good V-rack (for ribs and turkeys)

I have a large and a mini, I'd like another Large.....
Thanks for the tips dude. How is life at Barksdale?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-16-2006, 11:02 PM
Farmer Ted's Avatar
Farmer Ted Farmer Ted is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190
Location: Deep in the heart of Taxes!
Posts: 3,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriEOD
Thanks for the tips dude. How is life at Barksdale?

Life is good!

I'm working a job at Greenville with DCMA, should know by the end of the month if I get it.

How'd you guys fare during the hurricane?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 PM.