Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Other

Old 11-02-2008, 04:15 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 197 and 2007 X2
What surf board are you riding?

Started surfing this spring. Started with a Hyperlite, moved on to a Inland Surfer Green Loogy. What are you riding, and why do you like it?
Old 11-03-2008, 03:23 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 07 pwt X-Star
This is our second season surfing. We are riding a Chase Model Custom Shred Stixx. We love the board. Very fast and very light.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:52 PM
MC Fanatic

I've been thinking about getting a Walker Project (F14? or bullet). Can anybody compare the ride of these to the Green Loogy?
Old 11-03-2008, 07:40 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2014 X10
All three of the above boards are great boards. It's hard to make a recommendation for one particular board but I would recommend getting a board from Walker, Inland Surfer or Shred Stixx. It is very helpful if you can demo a board before buying. A good place to buy a board is www.wakeoutlaws.com. I have a Shred Stix Jamako that I really like. My favorite board is a Calibrated Telum skim style board but it is next to impossible to get a Calibrated board. Here are some considerations:
-The Inland Surfer board will fit in the Mastercraft board rack and it is the most durable of the three.
-The Walker boards are probably the least durable and least expensive. Great board for air and slashing. My son loves his Walker Board (disclaimer:he is sponsored by Walker)
- The Shred Stix boards are great cruising boards. I find you have to work the Walker more than the Shred Stix.

I think you would be happy with a board from any of the three companies.

Big air on a Walker Board
Name:  walker.jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  28.7 KB
Old 11-03-2008, 07:53 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 mastercraft x1
i use inland red woody it a snug fit in my wake board rack but it fits its a big board but very light i havent realy mastered it yet was having trouble filling my rear balast up all sumer when brought it in for warenty found out the valve wase closed and nothing wrong with it i wase trying to troble shoot it myself couldn t find the pumps i guess theyre behind the back wall hope to do better next summer now i know a little more
Old 11-03-2008, 08:59 PM
MC Fanatic

[quote=norris laker;553539]All three of the above boards are great boards. -The Walker boards are probably the least durable and least expensive. Great board for air and slashing. My son loves his Walker Board (disclaimer:he is sponsored by Walker)

Really?? I got my Green Loogey for, like, three hundred, and the Walker looks like it's going to cost me over seven....of course, I'm looking at custom graphics (both sides) and a nicer finish etc.

What I need to know is, how differently do they ride? The green loogey was incredible after the old board. Easier (for me) to surf. Much, much faster and more manuverable. Where I had a hard time staying in the sweet spot before, the loogey made it easy. My wife has a little harder time getting out of the water on it, but is fine once she is up. We WERE surfing off a 197 with the 750 fat sac across the back, and a 450 side sac behind the driver (excellent goofy side wake!! I wish I could get as clean a wake with my x2 (but with more push)).
Old 11-03-2008, 10:11 PM
TT Regular

The 09 Green Loogey is $665 in Inlands 09 catalog. There are a lot of features that you can add to a Walker board to raise the price. It sounds like you got a great deal on a close out Loogey.

What are you not getting from the Loogey that you hope to get from the Walker board? In my experience the Loogey is a fast board that tends to track forward while the Walker board wants to turn left/right. This is a rider preference. I prefer to track forward but my son likes the left/right tracking. I work harder on the Walker board than when I rode the Loogey. If you are looking to get big air, the Walker board is a better choice.

For what its worth, at surf contests I see more better surfers riding Walker boards than Inland Surfer boards. I think it is a good idea to build a "quiver" of board because each board gives you a different ride. Both of these boards are excellent boards to have in your quiver. My quiver of boards include:

Walker Project Composite 4.5
Walker Project James Walker Pro Model
Calibrated 4'6" Piscus
Calibrated 5'3" Telum
Shred Stixx JaMaKo
Trick Boardz Surfskate
Hyperlite Broadcast
Walzer

I like all of these boards and will still ride each one. Had a Phase Five in the quiver but sold it. Also had a Yellow Loogey and traded it for the JaMako. I want to add one more board to the quiver, a 6'6" noserider board. Riding a big board behind a boat is a blast.

What year is your X-2?
Old 11-04-2008, 05:37 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 Mastercraft X-25
I've got three Inland Surfer boards. I started on a Blue Lake, moved to a Yellow Loogie, and also have a Black Pearl. I really like the Yellow Loogie, that's the one I ride the most. The Black Pearl takes more concentration and I can't ride it as long, but it is super fun.

They all fit in the board rack.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:00 AM
MC Fanatic

What are you not getting from the Loogey that you hope to get from the Walker board? In my experience the Loogey is a fast board that tends to track forward while the Walker board wants to turn left/right. This is a rider preference. I prefer to track forward but my son likes the left/right tracking. I work harder on the Walker board than when I rode the Loogey. If you are looking to get big air, the Walker board is a better choice.

What year is your X-2?[/quote]

Wow, now that's good information. I have an 07 x2.

Thanks for the run down on the different models. I do really like the speed of the loogey, and Im really not sure what I want that it doesnt give me. But that's just it...I dont know what the other options would bring (and I really like the idea of having options).
Old 11-04-2008, 10:40 AM
TT Regular

Joe, I think having a variety of boards is a good thing. I have a 05 x2 which is different than your x2. I believe the 07 x2 takes a lot of weight to get a good wake. Also don't just add weight to the back of the boat. Put weight in the bow of the boat.