Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 10-28-2008, 12:08 AM
TT Newbie

Help Closed Cooling Return or Returnless Fuel System

This is my first time winterizing my 2006 Maristar 200 SS. The boat has the 5.7 liter Crusader motor. Never had a closed cooling system in a boat before, but the Crusader manual has been a great reference. As part of the winterization procedure it say I need to dranin the fuel canister if I have a returnless fuel system. Has great pictures of both systems in the manual, but I haven't seen either in my boat. Where should I be looking for the fuel canister? I followed the fuel line out of the tank to the intake/fuel rail, but I didn't see any filters/canisters anywhere along the way and its only about 2 feet of fuel line. All help is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:09 AM
TT Newbie

After reading through the fuel filter/pump replacement threads I'm guessing that I have a returnless fuel system. From reading the in tank fuel pump has a regulator that dumps excess fuel back in the tank before it leaves the gas tank. I'm guessing the picture in the Crusader manual regarding the fuel canister might not be applicable to my boat. If I don't get confirmation from somebody here I'll stop by Mastercraft tomorrow and see if they can help me out.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:06 PM
TT Newbie

Stopped by local Mastercraft dealership this morning. Confirmed what I suspected after reading the fuel filter/pump threads-no additional fuel canister or cooler on my boat. Looks like boat is ready for winter.