Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-21-2008, 12:48 AM
Storm34's Avatar
Storm34 Storm34 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 78 - 302
Location: Midwest
Posts: 51
Power Tower

Anyone seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROrE6...eature=related

Looks pretty sweet, wonder how sturdy it is.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-21-2008, 01:14 AM
88 PS190 88 PS190 is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,451
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Kind of cool, I was thinking it was spring loaded at first, like those pneumatic tower extensions used by hydrofoilers.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-21-2008, 07:29 AM
coz's Avatar
coz coz is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
Location: Location: Location
Posts: 4,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 PS190 View Post
Kind of cool, I was thinking it was spring loaded at first, like those pneumatic tower extensions used by hydrofoilers.
You can bet they ain't cheap http://www.conquestwakeboardtowers.com/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-21-2008, 11:56 AM
88 PS190 88 PS190 is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,451
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
"Lower your tower to put your boards away. "

Just to me, the tower doesn't drop fast enough to make it worthwhile to lower just to load a board, unless you lowered so you could load from the ground?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Maristar210 Maristar210 is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Boat: 04 210 Maristar
Location: River
Posts: 8,814
That looks like a whole lotta stress on an actuator seal if that is truly pneumatic.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Sodar's Avatar
Sodar Sodar is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Location: Seal Beach, CA
Posts: 11,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm34 View Post
Anyone seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROrE6...eature=related

Looks pretty sweet, wonder how sturdy it is.
The guy that is building this is out of Lake Elsinore, CA. He had it up at the boat show 2 years ago and it was really done nicely. It uses a little outdrive trim pump mounted down under the ski locker, so it is truly pneumatic. You can see the stainless braided hoses at the base of the hydraulic cylinders. This boat was for sale by Cal-Skier for a long while... I guess this guy snatched it up to use as a show boat for his invention.
__________________
-Cameron
2007 ProStar 197
1996 ProStar 190
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Maristar210 Maristar210 is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Boat: 04 210 Maristar
Location: River
Posts: 8,814
Curious?

How much?

My IT Nazi wont let me onto that flash site.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Sodar's Avatar
Sodar Sodar is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Location: Seal Beach, CA
Posts: 11,060
When I talked to him at the boat show, he had them listing at $2499.
__________________
-Cameron
2007 ProStar 197
1996 ProStar 190
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-21-2008, 12:33 PM
coz's Avatar
coz coz is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
Location: Location: Location
Posts: 4,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
When I talked to him at the boat show, he had them listing at $2499.
Now that's not an unreasonable amount
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Andyg's Avatar
Andyg Andyg is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 2008 PS197 LY6
Location: WI
Posts: 1,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
The guy that is building this is out of Lake Elsinore, CA. He had it up at the boat show 2 years ago and it was really done nicely. It uses a little outdrive trim pump mounted down under the ski locker, so it is truly pneumatic. You can see the stainless braided hoses at the base of the hydraulic cylinders. This boat was for sale by Cal-Skier for a long while... I guess this guy snatched it up to use as a show boat for his invention.
I think you meant it is "truly hydraulic." Pneumatic means the cylinder is driven by air pressure.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
power, tower

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:23 PM.