Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 07-22-2004, 05:29 PM
MC Addict

Boat: Tubtime Tugboat
Send a message via MSN to bcampbe7
Animal bindings

Are the HO Animal bindings made right and left foot specific or is this something that one can change?
I saw a pair for sale that said right foot forward. I was under the impression that this is something that could be changed.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:43 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
I think they are foot specific. From looking at them, I think it's not just the footbeds that are different, but also how the overlays are arranged. I could be wrong about this last part though.

I think you'd be better off waiting for a pair that were LFF if that's what you're looking for.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC, SportStar, 99, 350 310HP TBI,
03 and newer Animals are foot specific. 02 and older are not specific. I agree, find the correct setup. Jamie
Old 08-03-2004, 05:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93' Prostar 190
Send a message via Yahoo to jake
you used to be able to adjust HO bindings for left or right foot forward. The difference is only which side the arch is on. With the old style, the arch was raised using an allen screw on either side. Result is you could flatten it on one side and raise it on the side you needed it.

The new ones are not switchable. The plus is that they are much more comfortable with a more secure fit.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:33 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft, X-2, 2005, MCX
CHFrogman

Just a few months ago, I purchased the HO Phanton Truth with Animal bindings. I had the same trouble and thought that it would be o.k. I found that there is a difference in the arch/insole and the structure of the boot. I need to reorder the bindings for my LFF apprach. Since them, these are the best boots that I have ever used and relieve the worry about your foot coming out of the binding.