Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 10-03-2008, 02:09 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Old Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X-1 New Boat: 2008 X2 MCX
I haven't skied behind mine but I have had a few given a few polls and the feedback has been that above 35 is alright, not flat by any means but I hear it's alright. Great wakeboard wake at 23!!!!
Old 10-03-2008, 03:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 Mastercraft X-25
I have an 05 X-2 -- which has the 205V hull.

I bought the boat to be a crossover -- mostly wakeboard but also ski and surf.

It is the best V-drive crossover in MC's line and perhaps the best V-drive crossover from anyone.

As a wake boat, the 205V is one of the best boats ever made. Others include the X-star and CC SAN 210 (old version). They have very different wakes but generally regarded as the best.

For skiing, it's not going to be as good as a tournament ski boat, but it's eminently skiable especially at 32mph and above. I have lots of good skiers ski behind my boat (I don't ski) and they come away happy. Certainly better than almost any other V-drive.

For surfing, it's definitely surfable and we all have fun surfing behind it. I've heard from knowledgable MC folks that it's not as good as the X-2 for surfing.

Actually, I think MC is promoting the new X-2 as their best crossover. The new X-2 is a better package than the X-1 -- more comfortable, roomier, better in rougher water, etc. But if you're about the wake, the X-1 wins for boarding and skiing. MC doesn't sell many X-1's and doesn't appear to want to. The X-2 is their best selling boat. They tried selling the X-1 as a price point boat but by the time you properly equip it, there's not much difference in price with the X-2. The X-1 has a core following, though. Folks like myself! If I had to buy another boat today, it'd probably be an X-1 because I love the wake so much.

Last edited by Eagle; 10-03-2008 at 03:34 PM.

Tags
205v, mastercraft, x-1, x-2