Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 04-30-2009, 08:43 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X-30 2001 5.7L Indmar
01 X-30 Problems

I just came home from Iraq to find out my boat was not running anymore. Apparently it was taken out and the impellar popped out of the mounting bracket got twisted, created a lot of suction but with no water going into the motor. The motor overheated and it blew out the head gaskets, the exhaust baffle got blown out, and it cracked the external water hook up. I replaced the head gaskets and the other stuff but now am having a problem getting it to fire. I am trying to find a wiring diagram for a 5.7L Indmar. Does anyone know where or how I can get ahold of one?
Old 05-13-2009, 10:05 AM
TT Enthusiast

I got a wiring diagram but am now trying to find the part number for the crank shaft position sensors so I can buy them at the parts store but no luck. Does anyone know the part number for these sensors?
Old 05-13-2009, 10:07 AM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
I can't answer the question...but how did all that happen to your boat?

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:26 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
I can't answer the question
Me neither but welcome home
Old 05-13-2009, 10:37 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFX-30 View Post
I got a wiring diagram but am now trying to find the part number for the crank shaft position sensors so I can buy them at the parts store but no luck. Does anyone know the part number for these sensors?
It has two crank position sensors. Why are you looking at those as a problem? If they were damaged, I can see it but they're potted in epoxy. Were the wires ripped out of them? They may have been re-inserted in the wrong positions when it was reassembled, too. Swap them and see if it runs.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:49 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '00 MariStar 230VRS
That's a pretty ****ty way for your friends to repay your service, but thanks from us all and welcome home.

Don't know if it'll help, but lots on this board offered a bunch of good suggestions when my boat's LTR took a dive last summer. Maybe something in here will be of help:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...maristar+start
Old 05-13-2009, 12:00 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:
I just came home from Iraq to find out my boat was not running anymore. Apparently it was taken out and the impellar popped out of the mounting bracket got twisted, created a lot of suction but with no water going into the motor. The motor overheated and it blew out the head gaskets, the exhaust baffle got blown out, and it cracked the external water hook up. I replaced the head gaskets and the other stuff but now am having a problem getting it to fire. I am trying to find a wiring diagram for a 5.7L Indmar. Does anyone know where or how I can get ahold of one?
Thanks for your service and welcome home, but along with trying to repair the boat, I'd be finding the friends/family??? or whomever??? that took the boat out, tore it up and I would start passing the collection hat to cover whatever the costs are to get it back in shape.
If there is a next time that your away, be sure to secure the boat so no one can do that to you again.

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:19 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, fuel injected 302
Glad you made it home safe and sorry to hear what they did to your boat while you were away. Personally I'd take it to a shop and send who ever did this the bill

'91 prostar 190
Old 05-13-2009, 02:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks guys I will try swapping them I did the resistance ck and from the indmar manual it says the crank sensors are bad.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:33 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Thanks guys I will try swapping them I did the resistance ck and from the indmar manual it says the crank sensors are bad.
Where are you measuring from and what was the reading? If the resistance was low and you measured from the IC module or ECM, I would check right at the sensors. Unless the harness shorted against the motor when it overheated, I don't know why the crank sensors would pick this as the time to go bad.

Since I mentioned it, do a complete inspection of the harness. When a motor overheats that badly, anything that's plastic, not made for high temperature and in contact with the motor is likely to melt.