Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-17-2008, 08:20 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Prostar 205V
Stereo Install Help Needed - Clarion M475

Hopefully I've attached a photo of the back of the Clarion M5475 I removed today from our 2000 MC (clearer than 1000 words). The unit was connected to an external amp and all (4) of the speakers, including the sub-woofer are wired to the amp (not to the head unit). I have a diagram of the amp, but there are apparently dozens of ways to wire speakers to it and I don't know exactly how the speakers are wired.

I don't have a wiring diagram for the old M5475 but it only had 4 wires connected to the output harness, one red, one yellow, one black and one blue w/white stripe @ the pins indicated.

I have a couple of questions on connecting the new Clarion M475 unit.

Q1 - The old unit connected to the amp - (I'm guessing - I'm too old and fat to actually get in where the amp is mounted to get a look at the inputs) - from the two plugs in the upper right hand corner of the picture. The two 'RCA wires' that come out of the unit were not connected to anything and have plastic caps.

The new M475 unit has 3 pairs of 'RCA wires' coming out the back. One pair is labeled "Front L & R", one pair "Rear L & R" and the third pair "NON FADER L & R". Which parir of wires should I connect to the amp inputs I removed from the plugs (upper right in picture) on the old unit?

Q2 - I already mentioned the 4 wires attached to the harness. Again all speakers are wired from the external amp. The yellow, red and black wires seem obvious, but the new harness does have different locations. The new harness has a blue and white striped wire that is labeled "Amplifier Turn On Lead". Is it safe to assume that the OLD blue and white wire was also the amp turn on lead? It seems logical, but the OLD blue and white wire has an inline fuse near the harness and the NEW blue/white wire does not. Also, the NEW red wire has an inline fuse, but the OLD red wire does not (at least not near the harness).

Thanks for any help you can give me so I don't blow the new unit up!
Attached Images

Last edited by NewbieMastecraft; 08-17-2008 at 08:28 PM.