Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 08-16-2014, 01:56 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
I never would have thought these regulators had automotive applications! Need to find one that has the 60 psi rating.

As far as the splicing goes its not a "big" issue so long as you do a good job. I had to change out the pump in my Suburban with one that needed a different connector. It's crimped and solder and then heat shrink on it. Gas doesn't conduct electricity. If you think about it there are exposed connections on the top of the pump itself.
bwd 23087 is 50 psi - in the same configuration Tim?
Old 08-16-2014, 03:20 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 99 prostar 205 LTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
I never would have thought these regulators had automotive applications! Need to find one that has the 60 psi rating.

As far as the splicing goes its not a "big" issue so long as you do a good job. I had to change out the pump in my Suburban with one that needed a different connector. It's crimped and solder and then heat shrink on it. Gas doesn't conduct electricity. If you think about it there are exposed connections on the top of the pump itself.
I sent you a pm
Old 08-16-2014, 03:43 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 99 prostar 205 LTR
I installed the 40psi regulator from advance and koeo the fuel pressure locked up at 41psi. I was excited...... then I started the engine. Fuel pressure was all over the place, needle bouncing violently from 38-50psi. and the engine was loping. Due to the fact that I have had previous bad experiences with the lesser expensive parts store chains, I decided to order one from my local dodge dealership. Installed it today and pressure is a rock solid 40psi at idle and only deviates about three pounds when you bury the throttle and quickly recovers to 40psi. Engine idles slick as glass and performs beautifully at all rpms.
The regulator from dodge was $102.00
Thanks to all.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:41 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyriver View Post
I installed the 40psi regulator from advance and koeo the fuel pressure locked up at 41psi. I was excited...... then I started the engine. Fuel pressure was all over the place, needle bouncing violently from 38-50psi. and the engine was loping. Due to the fact that I have had previous bad experiences with the lesser expensive parts store chains, I decided to order one from my local dodge dealership. Installed it today and pressure is a rock solid 40psi at idle and only deviates about three pounds when you bury the throttle and quickly recovers to 40psi. Engine idles slick as glass and performs beautifully at all rpms.
The regulator from dodge was $102.00
Thanks to all.
awesome... $102 - I call that a cheap repair... YES!!!
Old 08-18-2014, 03:59 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
bwd 23087 is 50 psi - in the same configuration Tim?
The MCXs need between 58 and 62 psi. Well, that's what the Indmar fuel chart shows so I think 50 would probably create a lean condition.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:29 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: '99 sportstar
I need some help, some of you may have seen my other post about my 99 sportstar with the MX Plus 310hp dieing. I have it determined it only happens around a half tank of fuel so I'm leaning towards the fuel filter. Now the problem is I just got back from the dealer and to avoid to much of a rant they told me they can't help. Where do I find a fuel filter? Also if i need a pump has anyone found a replacement? Here is a picture of the top of my module. This forum has been a huge help so far so thank you to everyone.
Attached Images

Last edited by jeepjake; 09-03-2014 at 02:33 PM. Reason: remove image
Old 09-03-2014, 02:38 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 X-Star
Not positive, but I think this is the filter: http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=155101