Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 04-15-2010, 07:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2003 mcx
Last night I installed the new fuel pump.
I went with the Delphi FE 0237 bought it at auto zone for 95.00.
I wanted to have the boat by this weekend.
It was real easy to change out took about an hour.
Reinstalled the complete unit pulled the boat out and hooked up the fake a lake...had my fingers crossed turned the key and didn't hear the pump kick on.... oh no I thought(I guess I was used to my old pump you could really hear the old one)this new pump is so quiet.I had to feel the top of the unit to make sure it was on..it was.
Turned the key to start and the boat fired right up.From idle to 3500 rpm she runs good.
I will have to do a water test but, so far it looks good

I have to thank Boofer for the great write up.Without this thread I don't think I could have done it.

"Was it over when the German's bombed pearl harbor ?"
---Animal house
Old 04-16-2010, 10:51 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '01 X9 330HP
Good stuff.

I assume you re-used your in-tank hose? It was the flex style, right?
Old 04-16-2010, 05:06 PM
MC Devotee

YES...and Yes..

Also this is the 3rd fuel pump in this boat.Boat only has 800 hrs...***!!!!
Two buy previous owner and one now.

---Animal house
Old 04-16-2010, 05:26 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Prostar 190 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO-TALL View Post
YES...and Yes..

Also this is the 3rd fuel pump in this boat.Boat only has 800 hrs...***!!!!
Two buy previous owner and one now.
Just curious.Were the previous replacement from the MC dealer or also from autozone and likes??
Old 04-16-2010, 05:40 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Prostar 214, MCX, Mini-Tower
Hey fuel pump guys ..... not trying to threadjack ... just a small detour .... any one out there with the X14/214 platform have a failure yet?

I have a 2008 214 with the MCX and with our weird fuel tank shape, I almost feel like it is an attempt to make the fuel pump less prone to get fuel starved. Just wanted to gather some thoughts.

I do realize the X14/214 platform has not been around a long time so that is a factor. It is also probably a factor that all of the fuel guage senders on this platform tend to make you think you have less gas than you do .... so that must be a protective feature for the fuel pump as well .... I have worked with my dealer and I have tested 3 senders for them and all of them read close to "E" when a visual inspection reveals just under a half tank .... a fill up and counting the gallons going in confirms that.

Just wondering ....

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
Old 04-16-2010, 08:48 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by André View Post
Just curious.Were the previous replacement from the MC dealer or also from autozone and likes??

Pump 1 and 2 were from MC.
This one that I just installed(#3) is from Auto zone.We'll see how long it lasts.

---Animal house
Old 04-23-2010, 11:05 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '01 X9 330HP
Rockauto.com is having a closeout sale on the Carter P74122 replacement pumps.

Just got a spare for $39, $47 shipped. Looks like it comes with some in-tank hose and hose clamps etc.

They have 6 left at this price.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:21 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X2
Autozone fuel pump

Had my pump crap out on my 2007 x2 MCX. Maybe why I was getting a check engine the day before. Anyways I replaced the pump, filter, but mine also had a sock, I used an autozone sock. a little different, but it fit in there. Do the older models have this sock too??? I had a black flex hose in the module and the pump is quieter than the original, also came with the small hose clamp needed. Took me about 45 min to get out and 30 min to put back in. Runs like a champ now.
This thread was great thanks.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:43 AM
TT Regular

Boat: X30
I just replaced my fuel pump on 2006 X-30 (MCX) thanks to this thread. I went with the Advance Auto parts E2044. It was $81. I followed the photos and step by step instructions. You guys are a great help.

I decided to reuse the existing hose. It was fairly rigid but was not kinked anywhere. I thought this would a better alternative than using an R9 type hose. I checked at napa, and they called Gates. Gates said they did not make the R10 in 1/4.

I have searched this site for EVERYTHING, since this is my first MC. Just wanted to say Thanks!

Brad
Old 06-01-2010, 10:52 AM
GreenX2

Aftermarket fuel pump

Took my 2004 X-2 350 MCX about 4 hours away from home for a Memorial Day trip when my fuel pump decided to crap out on me the first day of a three day weekend. This couldn't have happen at a worse time.

I pulled the assembly apart and took the fuel pump to Advanced Auto. Hoping they could cross reference the Carter number? They couldn't cross the numbers so I got the phone out and got on team talk and found the Airtex part number and told him the number I needed. Thanks to this board and an Iphone I was back on the water in no time. Total labor time was about an hour w/o travel time.

Airtex part #E2044 $81.99 + tax