Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 09-13-2016, 08:16 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2000 prostar 190 330 ltr
how to remover belt from 330 ltr without removing water pump?

Hey guys, I have looked quite a bit before posting this, but how can I get the serpentine belt off of a 330 ltr without taking off the water pump. I see that there is a bracket that holds the water pump in place on the starboard side just away from the center. I figured I could take that off, but the allen bolt at the bottom of the bracket is not coming off easily and I did not want to break something. I figure I could just undo the 2 hose clamps on the other side to get it off. SO, is there and easier way to do this? Sorry for any confusion here.
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2016, 08:22 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1996 PS 190
The water pump bracket is bolted to the engine block, unbolt it from there.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:26 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouyhead View Post
The water pump bracket is bolted to the engine block, unbolt it from there.
Ok, if I just unbolt there will there be enough room to get the belt through?

Joel
Old 09-14-2016, 07:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft 197 Pro Tournament Team
Send a message via Yahoo to Fullpass
1. First, remove the two water hoses on the raw water pump

2. Second, as while the support bracket is bolted to the block, Put a socket on the idle wheel tensioner bolt, rotate tensioner and slide belt off..the bracket bolts help support, a bigger bracket that hold the alternator..just less stress on everything, getting the belt of now, letting it hang loose.

3. Third, the bottom of the raw water pump is supported by a bracket…under the raw water pump, the bracket has a rubber mount, under the rubber mount, should be a bolt that goes through the bracket, passes through the rubber mount, and attaches to the raw water pump, sometimes the bolt vibrates out, and is missing, you may able rotate the raw water pump counterclockwise, once the hoses are off, and the bolt is out from the bottom of the raw water pump & and slide the belt out.. if not you can unbolt the other two bracket bolts from the block. Should be able to slip the belt off…Just take the belt to a auto parts store, Napa they will measure it..should be less than 30 bucks. depending on which harmonic balancer you have..should be 48.5 inches long or bit longer. Install, slide the belt into a loose position, bolt the brackets to block and onto the raw water position, Socket back on idle pulley tensioner, rotate slip belt back on.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:55 AM
TT Regular

Thanks Fullpass!

Joel
Old 09-18-2016, 07:39 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: SportStar open bow, 1999, LTR w/Powerslot
To remove the belt, all you have to do is get a wrench on the tensioner and relieve the pressure on the belt. The tensioner is the smooth pulley one between the alternator and the big water pump pulley.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:47 PM
TT Regular

Update I got the belt off and replaced today and the chirping noise I was getting at idle is completely gone. As far as the tensioner I screwed up and took the smooth pulley off at first. FYI you don't have to take it off. All it took was a 1/2 inch socket on the bolt going into the front of that pulley to get the tensioner to move. Also you have to "Tighten" for the tensioner to move to get the belt off.