Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 04-26-2005, 02:40 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1984 Stars and Stripes Ski 19 w/ 454
Truck Detailing?

So, I'm going to have my truck detailed in a few weeks so it's clean and shiny for my graduation and wedding. I found a place that will do the following for $210 which seems pretty reasonable to me. My question is are they doing what I should expect for a quality detailing? (I'm not sure I like the power wash since I have some rust spots starting and I'd hate to see the paint get picked off - but I figure I can just let them have my garden hose - it's a mobile service) I know we have some experts here so I figured I'd pick your brain... Thanks!

Exterior Detail Includes:

A smooth wash of the exterior with a 3500PSI power washer removing all lose substances. Soap and brush wash entire automobile. The exterior is hand clayed for extra smooth results on the paint. A heavy duty buffer and a high speed polisher are used for waxing and polishing removing minor scratches and rough spots leaving a new shiny smooth surface. Clean tires and whitewall's with special tire dressing and dust brake remover, clean wheel-wells. Wheels are degreased and shined. Oxidation & minor scratches are removed with Cleaner Wax. All chrome, plastic and rubber is cleaned. The finish is then polished and hand waxed with "Wet Wax" and "Re-new-It" sealant. Exterior windows are cleaned with a Universal protectant streak free. Door jams and trunk jam are cleaned and degreased. Under carriage and wheel wells are cleaned and degreased. All paint is sprayed with Dry Wash solution giving a shiny new look.

Interior Detail Includes:

The interior leather and/or fabric upholstery seats are vacuumed and scrubbed with a brush as well as a lotion and/or spray applicator and/or dressed with leather lotion and/or special spray. The backs of the front seats are cleaned. All buttons, nob's and controls are cleaned. All carpeting is vacuumed, shampooed and scrubbed removing foreign substances and odor. Floor mats are pressure washed. Ceiling is vacuumed and scrubbed with special spray applicator. Center console and dashboard area is all precisely cleaned and refinished. Trunk area is vacuumed and shampooed as desired. All windows and mirrors are cleaned streak free. Doors and door jams are cleaned and degreased. Underneath seats are vacuumed and cleaned. Interior scent is sprayed as a long lasting odor resistant throughout the automobile.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:58 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209
I guess it sounds reasonable. Is your truck really that dirty?? Personally I'd save the $210 and take a nice day and do it myself. That's pretty much my routine when I clean my truck, and trust me, it gets plenty dirty driving around muddy job sites all day.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:03 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1979 stars and stripes
I didnt read anything that I wouldnt do myself for $200. Where I come from thats alot of money!! I would say that my truck gets to be one of the dirtiest on this board, I can clean it like that in a Saturday.
#1 supporter of wadka
Old 04-26-2005, 04:51 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
DIY, Do it Yourself
Old 04-26-2005, 04:55 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
not to high jack the thread, but here is a thought-Am I wrong not to stop and let a group of boy scouts wash my truck-I mean, I stop every time when the sign says .....cheerleader's car wash-donations accepted". Is this just me?

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 04-26-2005, 04:58 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Take it to the spray wand car wash and scrub it. Should take about 15 minutes. The clay bar stuff is around $15 and you can get 2--3 uses out of the kit. It will take you around 1.5 hours max. Add another $7 and .5 hours to wax and buff. Vacuum and clean the interior, about .5 hours. Save the money for something else. If you spend $210 and it rains, you're not going to be happy.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:11 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2004 MariStar 210 - Indmar MCX 350HP with 0-Flex Tower & Perfect Pass
Did I read this correct? You are graduating and getting married in the not-too-distant future? WELL, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Who really gives a crap about the truck -- (completely kidding with that. I understand the special bond between man and truck.)
Old 04-26-2005, 07:47 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1984 Stars and Stripes Ski 19 w/ 454
I'd normally do it myself.... but I'm not sure I'm going to have the time in the next few weeks with everything going on... I graduated on a Monday and get married that Sunday! Time is tight. And since I've yet to buy a high-speed polisher, I'd just assume have someone do it. Trust me, with what the wedding and honeymoon are costing me... this is CHEAP It's basically a treat for myself (that, and the thong I bought Kelly for the honeymoon on the European beaches )

Last edited by sfitzgerald351; 04-26-2005 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:49 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
I guess it is all about perspective. When spending tens of thousands, whats 200???
Old 04-26-2005, 09:02 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1982 Skier19, Powerslot, 351PCM
Scott, congrats on graduating and your upcoming marrage!

With the exception of the 3500PSI power washer, everything they want to do sounds fine. As you said, I dont know about the powerwash on a 13 year old paint job.

To me, the price sounds high. I know someone who has a car lot and gets somebody to do a simular service for less than a $100.00.

But then again, you are having a once in a lifetime week, might be worth it to get-r-done.