Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 08-11-2008, 10:53 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 PS197 LY6
Teak World to the Rescue

I think my platform just wanted to break on Saturday. When I was getting the boat ready my buddy flipped up the folding platform and pinned it. When we were out on the water a friend, weighing about 240 lbs jumped off of our pontoon onto the platform and into my boat. I then went back to get my ski on and felt the platform give way under my feet just sitting on it. Ended up they guy didn't slide the platform all the way on so the pins were not holding anything. I can't believe it didn't break when the guy jumped on it.

After skiing a different friend and I were cleaning up the boat when I realized I had forgot to pull the plug and drain all the bilge water. The bow of the boat was low so all of the water was in the bow. I decided to just pull the boat forward until it was level and let it drain. Well my buddy thinking he was helping decided to fold down my platform so I could back the boat into the garage. I didn't know he did it and started to back the boat up the driveway after the bilge finished draining. All of sudden the boat stopped like the surge brakes engaged. I get out walk around the boat to see what is going on and there is my platform wedged against the driveway with the last piece of the platform busted off laying on the ground.

Kuddos to Teak World. Gave them a call this morning and the replacement piece is being shipped out today or tomorrow. I should have it by the weekend. It is going to cost me $65 plus shipping. Sure beats the $600 for a new platform.

Moral of the story don't let another man mess with your Teak!
Old 08-11-2008, 11:03 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 X30 ltr
yes teakworld is the bomb!!!!

where are they located??????

Resident TeamTalk Jacka$$
2002 black X30
1973 s&s project
Look for me on CHL!! I am in the black X30 with the stars and stripes flying off the tower!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 12:52 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 PS197 LY6
They are located in Tennesse. So I should have the piece in two days.

98 Whippoorwill Rd
Lebanon, TN, 37090
(615) 444-7269