Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 07-27-2012, 01:02 PM
TT Regular

Boat: current: 2010 X14v, 350MCX - former: 1997 PS190 w/ LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by deminimis View Post
Starting to re-tweak our Star's wave again. Still waiting on another 750# sac that will go in the starboard locker. Here is the interim setup: Factory port and starboard tanks full. KGB empty. 750# in port locker. 400# under observer, but as far aft as the space allows. 400# on the port seat (aft) and mostly kids that don't weigh more than a can of beans. 11.7MPH.

And

Seeing just how far back I can get (reaching the limit):

Looks like the Columbia River. Where are you riding?
Old 07-27-2012, 01:05 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2004 X-Star
Secret spot. Okay, on the John Day about a mile upstream of the confluence with the Columbia.

Now here's the Col on a freakishly flat day last Sept:

Last edited by deminimis; 07-27-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:47 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X30. If you want a custom Soulcraft let me know :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttu View Post
woon, stop showing pictures of that perfect wave please!!

not a wake pic but how we weight the boat with only two people! damm need some friends
I'll have some more pics for you hopefully this week Some pics I post show how good the X25 is and some don't. We have two custom Walker Project Bomb Pops arriving Monday and we are excited to try them out. Also have a few custom Soulcrafts coming as well to try out.

With all the talk of X30's surfing I'm surprised we still haven't seen one properly setup showing the surf wake. Curious to see the real story on the X10 surf wake too. I know the 25 with the deep V Hull is awesome and I know the 45 is great too. I'm not sure the 30/10 can be better.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft X-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double View Post
wake with full kgb, full port and 750 fatsac in rear locker
You have a 30 right? If so, what speed are you pulling at? I'm thinking of adding a 900lb sac to my rear locker so it should look similar to your wave, which looks good I might add.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:31 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Brand new 01 X10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWoons View Post

With all the talk of X30's surfing I'm surprised we still haven't seen one properly setup showing the surf wake. Curious to see the real story on the X10 surf wake too. I know the 25 with the deep V Hull is awesome and I know the 45 is great too. I'm not sure the 30/10 can be better.
I'm going to surf Actions X30 next week. I'll be sure to get some pics and video. It will be the deciding factor on whether I choose a X10, X30, or X25 for my next boat. I'm LOVING the looks of the 10 with the power tower!
Old 07-27-2012, 03:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X30, 2012, 5.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter View Post
You have a 30 right? If so, what speed are you pulling at? I'm thinking of adding a 900lb sac to my rear locker so it should look similar to your wave, which looks good I might add.
Yes, i have the 30 too Specter

I pull people up with big set a 12 then back it down to as slow as 9.6 for the smaller people and up to 11 for the bigger people. I find if I left the Big at 10.4 or 10.6 the cruise takes over before the wake is formed and then it takes longer to form it up. It always depends on the amount of people in the boat but the wake is awesome with my 750 fat sack. Goofy gets even better just from the extra cooler weight and driver
Old 07-27-2012, 03:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X30, 2012, 5.7
Quote:
I'll have some more pics for you hopefully this week Some pics I post show how good the X25 is and some don't. We have two custom Walker Project Bomb Pops arriving Monday and we are excited to try them out. Also have a few custom Soulcrafts coming as well to try out.

I'll get pictures of my 30 with no people but driver and surfer and a 750 fat sack and I think you'll see what it's capable of.

Still tweaking the wake as I haven't had enough time yet to perfect it
Old 07-27-2012, 04:08 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X30. If you want a custom Soulcraft let me know :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
I'm going to surf Actions X30 next week. I'll be sure to get some pics and video. It will be the deciding factor on whether I choose a X10, X30, or X25 for my next boat. I'm LOVING the looks of the 10 with the power tower!
Power tower is the only way to go

You need to ride behind a properly weighted 25 too. I think that would sway your decision as well.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:13 PM
TT Regular

Boat: current: 2010 X14v, 350MCX - former: 1997 PS190 w/ LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by deminimis View Post
Secret spot. Okay, on the John Day about a mile upstream of the confluence with the Columbia.

Now here's the Col on a freakishly flat day last Sept:

We have a place on the Columbia / Lake Entiat. We love the river---glass days / mornings are unbeatable anywhere!
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2012, 08:49 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
Quote:
Mike and Angies first tandem run! My four son just turned 4months and stood on the surf board for the first time today in the water almost on his own. Just needed some help balancing

http://youtu.be/qmG4EXIcWZQ?hd=1

Some more pics from today:
Mike's not very nice, ladies first....so she should have been in front nice pics