Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 08-17-2016, 03:30 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2014 x25
Balast malfunction

While surfing this weekend the port ballast began to fill. When I tried to override I got this message on my screen " While manual switch is active ballast touch inputs are disabled" I went to active rider screen to make sure all riders where off. Turns out I could manually fill and drain center and starboard ballast. But could not override port ballast. Spent day on lake took boat to boat house, lifted boat out of water that night. Next day port side tank had drained. took family out and as soon as i started to fill the Starboard tank. (didnt touch port side switch) the port side began to auto fill. When I hit the all drain on LCD screen i got the same message as earlier " While manual switch is active ballast touch inputs are disabled" Any idea's? is there a reset button? take off all battery terminals? Anybody seen this problem

its a 2014 x25 5.7 llimore Thanks Boz
Old 08-17-2016, 05:12 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2015 MasterCraft X-20
I know that the computer will not fill /drain the ballast tank if you have the manual fill/drain switch turned to fill or drain. It wasn't clear in your post whether you are still having issues after turning the manual fill/drain button to the off position.

2015 MasterCraft X-20 (current)
2009 MasterCraft X-2 (sold)
Old 08-17-2016, 05:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 Mastercraft X-30 (sold) 2016 Mastercraft X-30 6.0L
Was your port side ballast switch engaged? If so that is your problem. If the switch is not engaged but the computer thinks it is then obviously it becomes a much different problem.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:31 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2014 x25
it appears that the computer thinks the port side ballast switch is engaged. Even when i tried to switch user that set up starboard the port side would not drain. Used the all drain on LCD screen and it would not drain. I had to manually go in use LCD screen and empty each take individual, but when I tried the port side I would get the same message on screen "While manual switch is active ballast touch inputs are disabled"
Old 08-17-2016, 06:33 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X Star, cute pumpkin motor, 2008 XStar LY6 (gone), 2006 X-15 (gone)
Bad switch or connection