Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 06-07-2015, 05:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X2
Wake-Shaper Platform Edition

I know there has been a lot of interest in the latest from Wake-Shaper. It has taken a tremendous amount of work to get here and I thank everyone on the forums for their continued support and patience. We have been working hard to create a high quality product at an affordable price that will work with just about any boat out there. Although V2.0 is working great (and is still being produced), we wanted to develop a version that is truly universal and compatible with a variety of makes/models. With that being said, it is my pleasure to officially launch Wake-Shaper..... Platform Edition (Patent Pending)!

FEATURES:
-Universal design compatible with just about any boat on the water
-Requires NO drilling or bolts through the hull or transom of the boat
-Installs in under 30 minutes via patent pending fastening system to swim platform
-Entire system can be fully removed for storage or even transferred to another boat quickly and easily
-Allows swim step to be removed for easy boat storage in tight spaces
-Universal transom plate custom fit to match exact contour of your hull
-Manufactured out of high quality 1/4" thick Aluminum plate and Stainless Steel Hardware
-Powder Coating or anodizing options available
-2 options available:
1. Manually controlled similar to V2.0
2. Actuator driven via wireless control box and waterproof transmitter that floats
Wireless control box can be mounted just about anywhere!

Can be controlled inside our outside the boat via user friendly 5-button RF waterproof remote:
1. Pressing PORT button - starboard wake plate deployed, port wake plate retracts, and a wave is created on the port side
2. Pressing Starboard button - starboard wake plate retracted, port wake plate deployed, and a wave is created on the starboard side
3. Pressing UP or Down buttons - allows active wake plate fine tuning adjustment
4. Pressing POWER button - retracts both wake plates when you are done surfing.

Pricing and availability
Production will start next week and pre-orders will ship out in 2 to 3 weeks!

Manual System: Introductory Price - $850 (shipped)
Includes a set of Platform Edition Wake-Shapers (One for each side of the boat)
Adjustable telescoping tubing with stainless steel push button

Wireless Actuator System: Introductory Price - $1,500 (shipped)
Includes a set of Platform Edition Wake-Shapers (one for each side of the boat)
Actuators
Wireless control module
5-button waterproof transmitter

Upgrade kit: Introductory Price - $650 (shipped)
Includes Actuators
Wireless control module
5-button waterproof transmitter

A quick demo of the system that can be viewed here: http://youtu.be/y4PdZhAVGR0

I am sure there will be many more questions. Please bear with us as we prepare additional videos and installation instructions.

For inquires please email us at: wakeshaper@gmail.com

For the latest updates check us out:
www.wake-shaper.com
www.facebook.com/wakeshaper
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2015, 11:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Matercraft X2 2004 350 MCX
Will the wake-shaper be out of the water at wakeboarding speeds. Or will it interfere and need to be removed whilst wakeboarding?
Old 06-08-2015, 11:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallees View Post
Will the wake-shaper be out of the water at wakeboarding speeds. Or will it interfere and need to be removed whilst wakeboarding?
Wake-Shaper "Platform Edition" tabs should be fully retracted at speeds over 14mph. When fully retracted they do not interfere with wakeboarding wakes. The best part about the system is that is can be fully removed in a matter of minutes, although not required.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:15 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Nautique
Is this the version 3.0 you mentioned for the stepped hulls

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
88 2001 Nautique
Old 06-09-2015, 09:00 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1998 Mastercraft Prostar 205 DD
How does it mount to the swim platform? Does it attach the actual platform or the brackets underneath? Any pics of the device installed?

Also, how do the actuators get power if there's no drilling required?
Old 06-09-2015, 09:10 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatguy View Post
Is this the version 3.0 you mentioned for the stepped hulls
Yes, but officially termed "Platform Edition". As the name suggests it is securely attached to the swim platform via six 1/4" stainless steel screws on each side. As V2.0 is still being produced and is a great option for those boats which are compatible, I did not want to confuse people with the terminology.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:45 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80AM View Post
How does it mount to the swim platform? Does it attach the actual platform or the brackets underneath? Any pics of the device installed?

Also, how do the actuators get power if there's no drilling required?
Great questions! I am working on getting additional pictures and video of the system - installation and operation.

For now, please reference the attached diagrams:

The "swim platform mounting plate" (1) is bolted directly to the swim platform via six 1/4" stainless steel screws (all mounting hardware included in package). These screws do not go all the way through the platform. The user has the option to use included hardware to through bolt the assembly if they choose.

The rest of the assembly is then attached to the mounting plate via six 1/4" stainless steel bolts through the removable platform bracket (2). This allows the system to be completely removed should the user need to. I personally leave mine connected and am still able to remove the swim platform from the boat.

The universal feature which makes it work with the various curved transoms is in the design of the "removable custom contour transom plate" (7). This is included in the package as 1/4" thick pre-drilled High density polyethelene (HDPE) plate. The end user will need to match the contour of their hull (with the included jig) and cut out the corresponding profile on the HDPE. This material can be easily cut with a jig saw, or even a hand saw, and is waterproof and mildew resistant. Once cut to the exact contour, the pre-drilled holes will line up perfectly with the holes on the removable platform bracket (7). A more detailed instruction guide on this procedure to follow.

For the mechanically driven option and the connection of the actuators, the user has several options here:

1. No drilling is required in the transom of the boat! The wires for the actuators can be draped over the back of the boat and connected to the receiver box located in one of the rear compartments. The system includes waterproof IP67 Deutsch connectors that easily connect and disconnect.

2. A second option is to drill a small hole in each side of the transom, route the ends of the wires from the receiver through the hull, and then connect the Deutsch connectors underneath the swim step. This still allows for a removable system if need be.

3. A third option is to drill a small hole in each side of the transom, route the ends from the actuator wires through the hull, and then connect the Deutsch connectors inside the boat. This is for a permanent installation and would require the user to unbolt the "platform bracket" (2) to remove the swim step.

I hope this helps clarify the installation and function of the platform edition. Again, I am working on more instructional videos and will post them shortly. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Wake-Shaper
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2015, 03:46 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft X-Star, 400hp
Would the manual system fit on an 08 x-star?
Old 06-09-2015, 03:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fthl.kid.21 View Post
Would the manual system fit on an 08 x-star?
Yes. it is designed to be universal. Please see the previous response on installation and let me know if you have any additional questions.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:32 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft X-Star, 400hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnaples View Post
Yes. it is designed to be universal. Please see the previous response on installation and let me know if you have any additional questions.
Do you have any better pictures of one actually installed? I have a fiberglass swim deck and am curious what the finish looks like. Do these through bolt on the swim deck or ? Is the transom portion of it padded or have you had any issues with it scratching the area where is sits on the transom?

Tags
2007 x2, surf, wake enhancement, wake-shaper, wakesurf