Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 04-07-2015, 05:45 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft 2008 X-35
Cool 2008 X-35 Wakesurfing Info

Hi there, I'm new to Team Talk and needed some help. I've seen many posts about probably every model but mine... I have a 2008 X-35 ( but it has a factory installed 2010 indmyar 310 HP engine) and I'm wondering if anyone has dialed this boat in yet. It's just close with standard ballast on the wake but you still need a rope.... I'm looking at the Wakemaker plate but I'm also wondering about the fat sacks and if they are absolutely necessary...

Any info would be much appreciated!
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2015, 09:50 AM
blown93coupe

Bobby welcome to the talk. I have an 08 MC X-35 with the LY6 400hp setup. If you give me a couple weeks, I'll totally have the surf system on our boat dialed in. I plumbed 750lb fat sacks in rear and bought an 800lb Ronix bag for up front. I'm trailering the boat up to Wicked Wakesurf end of this month to have the wakegates built for port and starboard side, then we'll be riding Lake Lanier to dial it all in. Shoot me a pm with contact info and I'll keep you updated!
Cheers,
Mike
Old 04-21-2015, 10:23 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
to address the fatsac issue...

yes. for wakesurfing its absolutely necessary, with or without tabs
Old 04-21-2015, 11:25 AM
TT Newbie

Thanks so much for the reply!

Ok--so is that 750 lbs per side in the rear or total 750? also, what is a Ronix bag and where does that go? All I have seen is High fly and fat sacks brands on here... Also, Is everything working from switches installed in the dash so it fills up with the stock tanks? I'm planning to put a Wakemaker on it because I thought Wicked only makes for Malibu's and Axis...is that not the case?

I have the 2010 310 HP Indmar factory installed engine (the original 2008 had a defect), so, it's not as high HP as yours but the boat is still the same so whatever you have should work for me I would think.

Any more info would surely be appreciated and thank you!

Bobby
rhasler71@gmail.com
Old 04-21-2015, 12:05 PM
blown93coupe

responded to your pm!
Old 04-21-2015, 09:52 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2015 NXT20
Nice pic, miss Tahoe
Old 04-23-2015, 10:09 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X2
Hi Bobby, Can we see the picture of your transom again? Don't know if too many people have seen an X35 setup quite like yours

I am hoping to have something to release shortly. Stay tuned!
Old 05-16-2015, 01:52 AM
TT Regular

Boat: X-35, 2008, LY6 Closed Cooled
Bobby, i have an 08 X-35 a well. I have 1000lb fly high fat sacks from wakemakers on each side in the back. Piggy backed on the factory ballast tanks. (all from wakemakers). The 1000lb bags just fit when fully filled. The bag on the starboard side doens't quite fit because of the water tank installed over there so it doesn't fill all the way...

I have an additional 750lb fly high bag we use midship on the surfing side. Also fill the kgb full.

The surf wave is pretty good like that but we're looking at putting on a gate system of some sort mostly to make it easier to switch sides - we have quite a mix of goofy/regular in the family.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:45 AM
TT Newbie

Hi there,

thanks for the response!

So I talked to the guys at Wakemakers and along with some other responses here on TT, this is what I came up with to add to the new Wave Control System/ Go Surf Assist that I bought for $4K on Wakemakers (I also spoke with the guy that invented it, he's really cool and helped me make this decision on ballast).

If you watch his videos on the website, he has both an X-35 and an X-45. He said* on both of them he only had stock ballast! however, the longer and better and steeper wave is ideal so this is what I added based on his recommendations and the Wakemakers:

*two 750 LB piggybacks in rear lockers
*all KGB and hard tanks full

No ballast needed up front for the sake of the surf wave, however for visual purposes it will keep the bow down and they said I could add a 45# in the front. I usually have a decent sized crew of friends and they are bigger guys so it's overkill for me to do that according to Scott and the Wakemakers guys.

It sounds like oyu are all set anyway but I'd watch the videos and look at the Go Syur Assist Facebook Page or Website as it really shows our year/model boat can compete with the Gen 2 surf systems and we can now enjoy a real factory style surf system. I know it's pricey, but I cant but a new boat at least for another 2 years so....I want to be able to surf with ease and switch the wake from the dash etc.

I hope this helps you as well....Wakemakers said they are going fast as dealers are ordering them in bulk..I pre-ordered mine and it should ship by the end of the month according to them---then I can have it installed in time for July!!!

Cheers, let me know what you end up doing or if oyu have more questions, I did a tone of research and talked to a lot of people.

Cheers!

Bobby

Tags
ballast, surfwake, wakemaker, wakeseurf, x35