Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 07-23-2013, 11:05 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 mastercraft x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by x45surfer View Post
Wake2Wake thanks for posting. Your setup looks awesome. My question is can you see your interior lights from outside the cabin, and thus attract attention from the police?

Thanks,
The only thing you can really see is that everybody in the boat kind of glows blue when you're pretty close to the boat... otherwise the reflection is lost in the darkness... The Nav lights still are the main thing you can see as far as lighting goes.

I have been approached about my blue tower speaker lights on one occasion however... which is why i put them on a spearate switch initially... I told him i'd be happy to turn them off. after a brief tounge lashing and quoting the rule book about blue lights above the "rubrail"... he complimented the setup and said he thought it was smart to have as many lights on as possible to make yourself visible as long as it didn't disrupt others visibility on the water.

MY LED INSTALL... CHECK IT OUT

MY WAKESIDE RIDE

"It's just water... not concrete or dirt... so just throw it"
-Parks Bonifay

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink... when they wake up that's as good as they're going to feel all day"
-Frank Sinatra

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem"
-Jimmy Buffett
Old 07-23-2013, 11:18 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: SeaDoo 2011
I agree with wakeX2wake. I was docking my boat on Lake Lanier, GA. The sheriif was waiting for Jet Ski guy since he had 9-10 years old kid on tube at 9:30pm (on top of that NO STERN LIGHT). He was like what is this Blue underwater and around your speaker in the boat. I said it's called Bling Bling LOL.. My wife was staring at me and thinking that I'm looking for trouble. He told me that he has no issue as long as DNR doesn't care. plus, he mentioned that he's seeing so many on Lake Lanier lately and looks really cool.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:09 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X-2 2008
Send a message via Skype™ to Grant777

A quick photo of the front LED's I purchased from Sumit.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:57 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 mastercraft p190
Awesome!
Old 04-07-2014, 04:06 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 Crownline 182 (sold), 2012 Mastercraft X2
Sorry to bump up this old thread.
But trying to do the leds in the speaker. Wich size of hex key do you juse for the speakers? Tried metric size and english sizes. But didn't find one that fitted :s.

Did you need to make a hole in the speaker to run the wire?
Old 04-07-2014, 11:37 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
I did this to my boat after I saw this thread. Let me find pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 04-07-2014, 11:52 AM
MC Maniac

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=34078

I totally used the OP's idea and ran with it. He may have pics of his install

The JL doesn't have hex screws. Has 2 Phillips holding on the grill. If you have coax then you must unwire the connection at the xover and let the grill pull out the wire when you separate. The wire stays with the grill basically.

If you have components then you just take the 2 Phillips out on back side of the grill and separate.

Note that you must drill holes on the opposite side as the mounting holes. This means you drill through the speaker case right and left of every mounting hole.

Zoom in on my above install and you will see the 3 holes per mounting area. This is to run the led wire through the speaker.

I will also say that lighting up the inside is a pita. Rings are much faster and easier. I have both. If you are a impatient person and rush things then lighting up the insides will be very stressful to you. It takes a lot of steady hands drilling through the speaker and lots of tedious work gluing the led on and routing all of the wires.

Quote:
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 04-07-2014, 12:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

I will take the time to do the inside, looks cleaner in my opinion.
But I will take youre way less drilling and we have the coax
What do you mean with xover? And the phillips screw isn't that to take the speaker out and not to take the grill of?
Old 04-07-2014, 12:53 PM
MC Maniac

You've lost me. Read my thread that is linked above my pictures in last post. In that thread it has a lot of how to.

Take the 6 screws out that mount the speaker to the boat.

Turn the speaker on its face so the magnet is up. 2 Phillips screws are on the rubber outer ring that secure the grill to the speaker.

If you have components the grill will come off now. If you have coax the the tweeter is built into the grill. Look at my pics in my thread. The tweeter power wires are snaked through the outer speaker through the back casing and into the factory crossover. You must disconnect and pull the tweeter wires from the crossover. Then once you get the wires pulled out from the speaker case you can slide the grill off and the wires will pull through the speaker.

You must drill 10 holes per speaker. Idk what you mean about less drilling?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-07-2014, 01:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

I think we both mean different screws.
I searched for a picture.
This are the screws I referred and are hex by our boat.
Attached Images