Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 08-06-2008, 11:48 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2011 X-25
I'm curious why you think you'll rarely use the rear sacs... most people seem to put sacs in the rear and ignore the front.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:52 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2014 MasterCraft X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roonie's View Post
No but after looking at the whole system that sounds like a better install. Right now I have the inflow going in one side and the overflow out the other end. I have a plug in the top port right now. It would make sense to make the top port the overflow as that is the highest point on the bow sac. Great idea and may need to change my current set up. There is plenty of hose to make it to the top of the bag for the overflow as I coiled the extra behind the drivers console. I think I will get the parts for that today as I am heading for the dealer anyways.
Only one thing ..............

When my bow sac is full the overflow will push the front seat up because of the fitting being on top. So I don't fill the bow sac all the way up. When I fill the front I pull the seat up so I can see how high it is getting.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:00 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MC X2, RTP-1 5.7L 310 HP 1.5:1, 14.25 x 14.5 XMP OJ Prop, bimini, depth finder, and table, teak platform, White/viper red
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrove View Post
I'm curious why you think you'll rarely use the rear sacs... most people seem to put sacs in the rear and ignore the front.
I will use the port rear sac all the time just not starboard. Mainly for surfing. I will use both occassionally for boarding.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-2 Born on date of 4-28-08
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxX2 View Post
BTW sweet install.....

One thing I have noticed is the Glue is a good idea! I have had the conection come off the rear port sac 2 times from the fitting backing out.
I glued the male threads into the female threads of the fat sac....is that what you were referring to?? I hope the slip fittings are not coming off???? let me know.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:53 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft X2, 2008, 350
This install works awesome we rode with it full and 8 people the wake was awesome for wakeboarding the MCX seemed a little slow to get up but thats to be expected-couldnt imagine a smaller engine.

I will have to try the filling of the KGB and port for surfing. We currently had just port and 5 people in the corner the wake was aweesome it was about 4-5 feet. I also was finally able to ride without the rope-while drinking a beer-- yeahhhh
Old 08-06-2008, 10:55 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosdad View Post
I glued the male threads into the female threads of the fat sac....is that what you were referring to?? I hope the slip fittings are not coming off???? let me know.
are you talking about the quick connect fittings? I personally wouldnt do so if your planning to take the bags out for winterization, you will have to spin the bag to get the male nipple tread out of the bag
Old 08-07-2008, 08:25 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MC X2, RTP-1 5.7L 310 HP 1.5:1, 14.25 x 14.5 XMP OJ Prop, bimini, depth finder, and table, teak platform, White/viper red
fyi.... when I installed the system they were out of the starboard bag kit. They got it in finally and there is some changes. Mainly they pre-glue the threaded part of the quick dis-connect fitting into the bag from the factory now.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:57 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roonie's View Post
fyi.... when I installed the system they were out of the starboard bag kit. They got it in finally and there is some changes. Mainly they pre-glue the threaded part of the quick dis-connect fitting into the bag from the factory now.
intresting, i guess they want to make sure you buy their fittings...
Old 08-07-2008, 09:04 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X-Star
lets see some pictures of these wakes!
Old 08-07-2008, 09:53 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 mastercraft x2
roonie... i'll trade you a LED install for a ballast install... Mn to Al might be a trip but it looks like some good work you got done there

MY LED INSTALL... CHECK IT OUT

MY WAKESIDE RIDE

"It's just water... not concrete or dirt... so just throw it"
-Parks Bonifay

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink... when they wake up that's as good as they're going to feel all day"
-Frank Sinatra

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem"
-Jimmy Buffett

Tags
fly high, x2 ballast