Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 07-20-2012, 07:44 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 197 TT View Post
I just installed my fly high system, have a little trouble with programming the timers. Do I have to disconnect one or the other or both batteries? Positive of negative or both... only had a little bit of time to play around, but never got the pumps to flash/into program mode... would love to have additional detail tonight... Thanks!!

if you figure it out would you please let me know!!! i added the 20 minute timers and have tried to program them many times and still can't get them to overide the factory settings!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 Prostar 197 Tournament Team
and do you leave the plug of the brain box out the whole time you reprogram? it is the plug on the top of the box, correct?
Old 07-20-2012, 09:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Okay, I just messed with this for a while, tried everything I could think of, can't get the pumps in to program mode, would really appreciate any advise, thanks
Old 07-21-2012, 03:05 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Sweet ride
Take all the battery leads off. Unplug the connect only at the ballast pump you are configuring. Run through the program then plug back in. I had to repeat this three times.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Still having trouble. Instead of disconnecting the plug to the brain box, I disconnected each pump individually. after cycling 5 times and then to fill again, the light flashes. I cycle fill/off and it flashes every time, but appears it flashes the same number of times every time ~7-9... then I empty it, but it still is set to 4.5 minutes... gone through this several times, just not upping the time at all. I've done a lot of searching and there are several threads of people increasing time, but no troubleshooting threads? I must be missing something???

Love the new system, would greatly appreciate some tips on getting the darn timers set, thanks!
Old 07-22-2012, 11:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

I'll send a case of beer to whoever can help me get this figured out??
Old 07-23-2012, 01:00 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-2
I assume you've seen the Jabsco instruction manual on programming, but just in case, there's a pdf on this thread:
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...t=46151&page=2

That's all the help I can offer. My boat doesn't have the timer modules.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

As a follow up, I did figure some things out:
-even though I have an 08, I don't have 20 min timers
-I actually don't have 6 min timers either, 5.5 is the longest I could program
-If I tried to increase more than 5.5 mins, it would drop to 4.5 mins. (4.5, 5, 5.5, 4.5 repeat)
-I was able to enter program mode just be turn the battery switch to off in lieu removing cables from batteries...
Old 08-16-2012, 12:05 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: MC X2 09
Thanks for all the information everyone has shared in these forums. It’s very helpful.

I’m having some difficulty with the ballast pump shutoff timers in my 2009 X2. I’ve purchased some additional bags that I’m hoping to fill via piggy back with my existing ballasts; however, I can’t get them filled because the ballast pump keeps shutting off (after 6 min). I’m hoping someone can shed some light on what I’m doing wrong. So far, I’ve discussed my issues with a dealer and with the guys at WakeMakers.com, but no one could help.

The process I’ve been following to extend the fill time on the Jabsco pumps, based on instructions I’ve received from both my dealer and WakeMakers:

1. Disconnect the pumps from power (unplug right next to the pumps)
2. Cut power to the boat at the battery (on my X2, there is a switch)
3. Turn power back on.
4. Immediately start toggling ballast switch (fill – off – drain – off – fill – off – drain… etc)
5. Once I’ve entered the program mode (as indicated by blinking lights on switch), add time to the pump by toggling between fill and off position.
6. Ballast switch will blink for every 30 seconds of fill time.
7. Once the timing has been increased to the desired level, return the switch to the off position, and let it set for 30 seconds.
8. Reconnect power to pumps.

This is the basic process I have followed. In each case, I am able to enter the program mode and add time. In each case, I’ve been able to change the number of “blinks” (30 seconds of fill for each blink) from 7-8 blinks up to 36 blinks, which should be the maximum. Once the fill time has been increased in the program mode, I return the switch to the off position, and let it sit for 30 seconds to make sure the setting is applied. Then, I reconnect the pump.

Here is my problem. I can’t get the updated fill time to “stick”. Once I’m back out on the water, my fill time has returned to a standard six minutes, which won’t fill my bags.

I’ve experimented with this a number of different ways, and on one occasion, the changes in program mode actually applied to my Starboard ballast, and I was able to fill that bag all the way up. However, when I re-entered program mode later to try to get the KGB and Port ballast reprogrammed, it reset the Starboard back to what it was before!

So basically I’m pulling my hair out. Does anyone out there know how to make the changes achieved in the programming mode “stick”? How does the Active Intelligence Box save those settings? I’ve reviewed instructions from both WakeMakers and my dealer, and the instructions end after adding time in the program mode. What is the next step?

If anyone could shed some light, it would be awesome. I’ve been working on this since May! Thanks
Old 08-16-2012, 12:42 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
You can have your ballast timer reprogrammed (fixed time) by forum member tr6coug, check out www.wakeblaster.com
My 07 timers were inconsistant at best, had them reprogrammed and they work great. I have a piggyback 455lb bag on my surf side. One time cycle and they fill the stock ballast, second cycle (turn off/on again) and it fills the bag. Drains the sam way.
2006 F150 SCrew Puller
http://www.crowniehq.net
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat.../OR/Albany.gif

Tags
fly high, x2 ballast