Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 04-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Leroy

Spare Wheel

My trailer did not come with a spare, or tie downs..... but now would like to put the cheapest spare I can on it as I will cover the spare. I have been without spare for 4 years already, but don't want to push my luck any more.

Where is the best deal for a tire and wheel. MC said the wheel style is no longer available. It is 2001 dual axle trailer.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:43 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '83 Metalflake Blue on Grey S&S Powerslot, 351W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy
My trailer did not come with a spare, or tie downs..... but now would like to put the cheapest spare I can on it as I will cover the spare. I have been without spare for 4 years already, but don't want to push my luck any more.

Where is the best deal for a tire and wheel. MC said the wheel style is no longer available. It is 2001 dual axle trailer.
I just use a chrome wheel and keep an MC cover over it.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:46 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
Watch ebay, somebody has to have one for sale.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:52 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 X30 LTR
For a little over $100 I got a galvanized rim and new Goodyear Marathon radial, same as on the trailer, from Discount Tire. I am sure you could find one a little cheaper. I wouldn't push my luck either, I had to use it shortly after getting it...first time in 20 years of trailering.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:52 AM
get6

you know the right size of the 5 lug variety on the 2004 dual axle trailers? tire is 215/75r 14, but there may be different 5 lug nut measurements. discount tire has about 15 different measurements for that wheel on their website.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:22 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft, Stars and Stripes, 1983, 351 W.
Send a message via AIM to SKI*MC Send a message via MSN to SKI*MC
good job with deciding to get a spare, we had 2 blow-outs on our tires, last year on was so bad that a chunk of rubber went flying right throught our fender! The first blow-out, we had no spare tire, we were screwed on the side of a highway!
Old 04-25-2005, 11:11 PM
jletoo

I have a 14" new rim and tire, when I say new, I mean its about 5 years old, been sitting in my shed..You can have it, if it will fit?
Old 04-26-2005, 12:13 AM
Leroy

jletoo; Thank you very much!! I'll let you know the size tomorrow. I'm not sure we can ship across country economical. I will near Sacramento CA next week, but not sure that will work out with you in Orange county. Could be a long drive for me.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:11 PM
Leroy

It is ST215 75R14, still trying to find out hole pattern spacing.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:33 PM
jletoo

I will look at the size in the morning, and get a whole pattern spacing for you also..You are right, the size and weight, probably is a no win situation on shipping costs