Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 07-28-2008, 09:24 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 205V
205V no start but turn over

I am writing this to help some other guy that I hope I can save a few hours of pain and suffering......background: I ran the boat with less than 1/4 tank during hot day and after filling up the boat with gas boat would crank but no start. I replaced the fuel pump (alot of fun with a tankful of gas) and would not start...I noticed the pump wasn't self starting (made no noise) so I called the mastercraft dealer and they told me "you need to bring it in"....wrong answer.......I looked around and noticed a black plastic delybobber on the back of the engine and when I opened it I saw three small fuses....one with a hairline crack....I put some alu.foil around the fuse post and put it back to see if this was the problem...well it worked. So after spending 1/2 day fixing the boat I called my wife with the good news and her responce " oh that is nice" ...some how I felt I deserved more...well the best part as all of you know is my boat now runs....so why did I not see this fuse sleve noted in the owners man...and why in the H#ll didn't the dealer tell me about it before I spliced my cut off switch?????
Old 07-28-2008, 10:07 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Prostar 205, Husker Red & Black, purchased Jan 98
Send a message via AIM to NU-skier
Look at the bright side... you have now avoided future issues with the switch.
....and your boat is worth top dollar now since it has a full tank of $4 a gallon gas.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:35 AM
MC Master Poster

You're going to fix it with something other than aluminum foil, right?

They didn't tell you because if you are hurt while doing something they told you to, they can be held liable.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:59 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 205V
I didn't have a replacement fuse at the time but I now do....it was one of those " I wonder if"...moments. I plan on testing my old fuel pump to see if it runs...