Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 07-11-2008, 03:03 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 04 TT 197
Fuel pump aftermarket part numbers

After a bit of research i replaced the pump on my fuel module with an aftermarket one from NAPA. Here is the part I used and a few others that other people have used to avoid having to replace the whole module.
Fuel pumps:
NAPA E2065 45 GPH 90-95 psi. (Canadian NAPA part number)
ACDelco ep356
Advance Auto Parts E2044

Unfortunately US and Canadian NAPA parts have different part numbers if you can believe it. I don't now what that NAPA part crosses to in US NAPA.

This is for information purposes only. Please use these parts and info at your own risk.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:53 PM
jpmaristar

Pump replacement

I would like to thank you and others for the work you have done to work around the MC fuel pump issue. I feel we should also post the engine year and model along with the pump removed to verify compatibility with the Delco EP356 and other brands at the 56 psi output.
Mine is a 2000 Maristar 330 LTR with a Carter 323 2H22B or 8 pump.

I talked to Federal Mogul and was told the pump is a MC design and they build it only for MC. He would not give any specifics of the pump IE (output pressure).

Is the EP356 or equivalent pump adequate for this motor? I would appreciate any input. Thanks.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:37 PM
MC Fanatic

The NAPA pump E2065 that i used was for an 04 197 with LQ9. The fuel module has the Carter number 71-341s on the top of it.
I am not sure but i think that all the engines from 03-06 use the same style of in tank fuel module. Each boat has a different part number because the fuel tanks differ in size and shape from model to model.
BUT...i still think they all use the same actual pump.(Not 100% on that)
Anyone who could confirm this would be great.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:38 PM
jpmaristar

Pump

I saw the pictures of your replacement on another post but was unable to read the numbers on the pump. If you could post the numbers on the carter pump it would help .
jpmaristar
Old 07-15-2008, 12:51 PM
MC Fanatic

I will check this afternoon but the number is Carter specific and does not really cross reference to anything as far as i can see.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 X-2 MCX
rhs, I am afraid that the only way to confirm/verify that the pump in all of the modules is the same is to get that information from Carter/Federal Mogul or MC. And I will give you one guess if they will cough up that information.

I would be willing to bet that the pump is the same and the difference in MC part numbers for the different boats is just as you said; they differ based on the design/shape of the different fuel tanks.

The output pressure is not important unless for some reason it was below 58 psi. The regulator decreases the pressure to 58 psi.

There do appear to be other differences. I have seen some of the systems that use a returnless system (only one fuel line connected to the fuel tank/regulator) and others with 2 lines. I am not entirely familiar with these 2 line systems. But, as far as pumps are concerned, I think that is a moot point.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:16 PM
jpmaristar

Pump

I was trying to verify if your Carter pump had the same numbers stamped on it . My dead one reads 323 made in USA and 2H22B Carter.

Thanks for the reply,
jpmaristar
Old 07-16-2008, 09:51 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmaristar View Post
I was trying to verify if your Carter pump had the same numbers stamped on it . My dead one reads 323 made in USA and 2H22B Carter.

Thanks for the reply,
jpmaristar
mine has 323 MADE IN THE USA
41C11C CARTER
stamped on it.

Mine is from an 04 LQ9 motor

What boat and motor do you have?
Old 07-16-2008, 11:02 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft. X30. LTR 5.7
Talking

Thanks for all this GREAt info. My pump fried last weekend and I was told that a new pump from MasterCraft was on Back Order and that it would cost ~$450. After reading this post, and others, I went down to the local AC Delco distributor and for $141 replaced the pump. Not the easiest thing to change, but with some help, not that big of a deal. Once completed, it started right up and ran fine.

The specifics: 2002 X-30, LTR 330HP, Carter pump #71-333S - CGB 98-002. For what it's worth, the NEW Mastercraft part number the guy gave me was 155193.

Thanks again for all the info provided in these posts
Old 07-16-2008, 11:06 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontaylor View Post
Thanks for all this GREAt info. My pump fried last weekend and I was told that a new pump from MasterCraft was on Back Order and that it would cost ~$450. After reading this post, and others, I went down to the local AC Delco distributor and for $141 replaced the pump. Not the easiest thing to change, but with some help, not that big of a deal. Once completed, it started right up and ran fine.

The specifics: 2002 X-30, LTR 330HP, Carter pump #71-333S - CGB 98-002. For what it's worth, the NEW Mastercraft part number the guy gave me was 155193.

Thanks again for all the info provided in these posts
Glad it worked out for you. Keep us posted about an issues you may have. Did you reuse the plastic fuel line or did you replace it?