Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 07-14-2008, 10:10 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 mastercraft x2
3-way switch - changed

so... i had to replace a switch on my '07 X2... the switch actually controls my forward facing tower lights so the switch has three positions... left=power, middle=off, and right=power... the switch the dealer sent me is different from the one that was originally in the boat... the switch the dealer sent me has 2 more prongs on the bottom... i got the switch replaced but the red LED doesn't light up...

#1 - what am i missing here to get the LED to light up when the switch is in one of the "on" positions

#2 - i want to be able to run a power wire off this switch so when i wire in LED lights in my speaker grilles on my tower i can turn them on and off seperately from my other LED lights (colored lights on the exterior of a boat when the boat is "running" is apparently illegal in AL)... anyone have a shematic for the terminals on a 3-way switch... i.e. i want to flip the switch left and turn on forward facing tower lights and and right to power on LED lights in speaker grilles

MY LED INSTALL... CHECK IT OUT

MY WAKESIDE RIDE

"It's just water... not concrete or dirt... so just throw it"
-Parks Bonifay

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink... when they wake up that's as good as they're going to feel all day"
-Frank Sinatra

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem"
-Jimmy Buffett
Old 07-14-2008, 10:58 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 mastercraft x2
noone?...

ideas?...

if nothing else i can figure it out by plug by plug method... will post findings

MY LED INSTALL... CHECK IT OUT

MY WAKESIDE RIDE

"It's just water... not concrete or dirt... so just throw it"
-Parks Bonifay

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink... when they wake up that's as good as they're going to feel all day"
-Frank Sinatra

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem"
-Jimmy Buffett