Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 03-27-2008, 12:06 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X-30 350HP
Wooden ski deck is really loose?

Ok, so I have had my boat (Mastercraft X-30) for about a year and my ski deck on the back is starting to become really loose. I had it checked out when I took it in for winterization and they said that there was no problem and that as long as the pins are in then I should never have a problem. I dont think there is anything wrong but it would give me some piece of mind if it was not rocking back and forth.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to tighten it up so it doesnt rock up and down when we are stopped out on the water?
Old 03-27-2008, 12:14 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycmoore
Ok, so I have had my boat (Mastercraft X-30) for about a year and my ski deck on the back is starting to become really loose. I had it checked out when I took it in for winterization and they said that there was no problem and that as long as the pins are in then I should never have a problem. I dont think there is anything wrong but it would give me some piece of mind if it was not rocking back and forth.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to tighten it up so it doesnt rock up and down when we are stopped out on the water?
Did you try tightening the screws that hold the cleats that hold the step together (underside cross members)? or is it the brackets to the boat?

Where are you in the southwest that you need to winterize?
Old 03-27-2008, 12:22 PM
TT Newbie

I live in east Texas but this year I could have gotten away without winterizing. Most years I have to. Only about 2 or 3 days a year to worry about but just want to be safe.

It is the brackets to the boat.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:25 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Where in East TX are you?

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:30 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 04 210 Maristar
The play you have is the slop in the brackets and the pin holes. This is common. It is somewhat of a bother to some because of the clunk clunk up and down motion it makes when a wave hits it from behind, usually when you turn to pick up a rider and then stop suddenly.

You can do this yourself or ask your dealer to install a tensioning screw in the bracket so that once installed it does not move. This will solve your issue but I like many have just gotten used to what "that" noise is.

Nice boat BTW !!!

Steve
Old 03-27-2008, 12:30 PM
TT Newbie

I am actually in Fort Worth but if I tell someone North Texas, they typically think the panhandle
Old 03-27-2008, 12:32 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycmoore
I am actually in Fort Worth but if I tell someone North Texas, they typically think the panhandle
Gotcha. It's pretty rare to find anyone who claims east TX when they don't have to.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:09 PM
TT Newbie

I dont know what you are talking about. Its great out there, mosquitos are a problem though
Old 06-17-2008, 10:55 AM
TT Newbie

Ok, so the slop in my teak deck on my boat is getting worse, what do i do now? Is it possible that it was bent some how?
Old 06-17-2008, 11:01 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 ProStar 190 & 2006 X9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210 View Post
The play you have is the slop in the brackets and the pin holes. This is common. It is somewhat of a bother to some because of the clunk clunk up and down motion it makes when a wave hits it from behind, usually when you turn to pick up a rider and then stop suddenly.

I thought this was supposed to happen??