Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-06-2015, 12:45 PM
Colbray's Avatar
Colbray Colbray is online now
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Boat: 2015 X23 6.2L
Location: Alberta Canada
Posts: 244
Calling All X23 Owners

Now that some of you have been able to start your watersports season I was hoping to take the lazy way to dialing in my X23.

Our season is about to start...just snowed about 9" today...ugh! But next week will be warm and I plan to get out there.

I have 500lbs of steel bags from my X30 sitting in the garage and wondered if any of you have added more weight anywhere in your X23's and found that it helped the wakesurf wave.

I would appreciate any feedback any of you have on how you have set up your X23 for the best wakesurf wave.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-06-2015, 12:47 PM
DHPRO's Avatar
DHPRO DHPRO is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Boat: 2014 Gen II X30 SS
Location: NorthEast
Posts: 277
NDP and snow...great combination! Maybe time to learn to speak french?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-06-2015, 12:50 PM
Mastercraftdave's Avatar
Mastercraftdave Mastercraftdave is online now
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbray View Post
Now that some of you have been able to start your watersports season I was hoping to take the lazy way to dialing in my X23.

Our season is about to start...just snowed about 9" today...ugh! But next week will be warm and I plan to get out there.

I have 500lbs of steel bags from my X30 sitting in the garage and wondered if any of you have added more weight anywhere in your X23's and found that it helped the wakesurf wave.

I would appreciate any feedback any of you have on how you have set up your X23 for the best wakesurf wave.
I haven't added any additional weight for surfing at all. With the stick ballast and water deeper than 15ft the wave is perfect. Maybe im just not used to this size wave so I don't know any different.

For wakeboarding, I added an 80lb bag of concrete for the time being as I noticed with the Wake pro setting and people in the rear the boat did porpoise. however I was riding at 75 ft. and 24 mph. The concrete bag all the way to the front helped a lot.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-06-2015, 01:10 PM
Colbray's Avatar
Colbray Colbray is online now
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Boat: 2015 X23 6.2L
Location: Alberta Canada
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHPRO View Post
NDP and snow...great combination! Maybe time to learn to speak french?
Hell just froze over here!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-06-2015, 01:11 PM
Colbray's Avatar
Colbray Colbray is online now
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Boat: 2015 X23 6.2L
Location: Alberta Canada
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
I haven't added any additional weight for surfing at all. With the stick ballast and water deeper than 15ft the wave is perfect. Maybe im just not used to this size wave so I don't know any different.

For wakeboarding, I added an 80lb bag of concrete for the time being as I noticed with the Wake pro setting and people in the rear the boat did porpoise. however I was riding at 75 ft. and 24 mph. The concrete bag all the way to the front helped a lot.
Thanks. I rode the X23 at the factory and did notice that putting passengers in the bow did help the surf wave with the stock ballasts.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-06-2015, 04:53 PM
scottsx2's Avatar
scottsx2 scottsx2 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Boat: X20 On Order
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 122
I think 440 made some custom tanks to sit on top of the stock tanks in the rear, not sure on the weight of these, and not sure if he's tested yet but I would expect him to have things dialed in shortly with some additional weight.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-07-2015, 08:46 AM
paintball007's Avatar
paintball007 paintball007 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Boat: 2015 X-23 Loaded w/ 7.4
Location: Midwest
Posts: 117
I know some of you will throw up when I say this but here goes... I actually have been running mine without the use of the soft bags in the back lockers. I like the extra storage back there, and can't seem to see a difference. I'm sure there is one, but it is negligible.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-07-2015, 09:11 AM
FourFourty's Avatar
FourFourty FourFourty is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Boat: 2015 X23 w/giant punkin motor
Location: Northeast
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball007 View Post
I know some of you will throw up when I say this but here goes... I actually have been running mine without the use of the soft bags in the back lockers. I like the extra storage back there, and can't seem to see a difference. I'm sure there is one, but it is negligible.
To be honest, I couldn't see much difference there when I demoed either..... Which is why I built the tanks. Basically a middle road solution. My tanks hold about 240lbs each, which is more than I thought they would.

I got my first runs in on Monday, and some more yesterday. Stock setting weren't bad, but I have already found better waves (for me) out of the X23.

First thing I noticed, was that the port surf tab fins cause a little rooster tale by the platform. It is just barely hitting the water, and splashing around the platform. While this didn't effect the wave, it annoyed me. Adding a little bow weight lengthened the wave, and got those fins out of the water. I put 200 lbs up in the bow. I might settle on 300, but 200 is working well so far. (No passengers up there at the time. Only 3 peeps in boat)

As for tab settings, and speed..... I am already WAY off the reservation. I like the mellow and long type wave. I started playing with settings and found that 70% surf tab, 0% center tab, 11.7mph and 200 in the bow, generated the best wave so far. This setup is pretty much the stock "left surf steep" setting, but at a higher speed. It was very clean and long, but tall at the same time.

I have a long way to go, and will try to update you with what I find. Should be riding pretty regularly now, and should have this dialed in within the next week or two. Even just the small things I have found so far, have really exceeded my expectations for a boat with no sacks in it. (Even though I am cheating a little bit with my little tanks!)

I would say, for now, try running the steep setting at 11.5-12.0mph, and let me know how you like that. Get 200ish in the bow via lead or a person or two.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-07-2015, 09:13 AM
FourFourty's Avatar
FourFourty FourFourty is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Boat: 2015 X23 w/giant punkin motor
Location: Northeast
Posts: 1,541
I got nothing on the stbd wave as of yet, although, just the stock settings looked excellent already. Didn't ride it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-07-2015, 09:26 AM
FourFourty's Avatar
FourFourty FourFourty is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Boat: 2015 X23 w/giant punkin motor
Location: Northeast
Posts: 1,541
This was stock steep setting at 11.0. Better than the stock speed of 10.whatever, but not as good as 11.5, which I failed to get a pic of

Winds were 20ish mph, and lake was white capping. Still pushed out an exceptionally clean wave, considering the conditions. Not me riding. That is my buddy who has the G23.

One thing I can say, is that my back leg burned out very fast at this setting. So much push, I was hard on the brakes constantly. A couple more rides, and my legs will get reconditioned for the season!
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:26 AM.