Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-06-2015, 12:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 X23 6.2L
Calling All X23 Owners

Now that some of you have been able to start your watersports season I was hoping to take the lazy way to dialing in my X23.

Our season is about to start...just snowed about 9" today...ugh! But next week will be warm and I plan to get out there.

I have 500lbs of steel bags from my X30 sitting in the garage and wondered if any of you have added more weight anywhere in your X23's and found that it helped the wakesurf wave.

I would appreciate any feedback any of you have on how you have set up your X23 for the best wakesurf wave.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 Gen II X30 SS
NDP and snow...great combination! Maybe time to learn to speak french?
Old 05-06-2015, 12:50 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbray View Post
Now that some of you have been able to start your watersports season I was hoping to take the lazy way to dialing in my X23.

Our season is about to start...just snowed about 9" today...ugh! But next week will be warm and I plan to get out there.

I have 500lbs of steel bags from my X30 sitting in the garage and wondered if any of you have added more weight anywhere in your X23's and found that it helped the wakesurf wave.

I would appreciate any feedback any of you have on how you have set up your X23 for the best wakesurf wave.
I haven't added any additional weight for surfing at all. With the stick ballast and water deeper than 15ft the wave is perfect. Maybe im just not used to this size wave so I don't know any different.

For wakeboarding, I added an 80lb bag of concrete for the time being as I noticed with the Wake pro setting and people in the rear the boat did porpoise. however I was riding at 75 ft. and 24 mph. The concrete bag all the way to the front helped a lot.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHPRO View Post
NDP and snow...great combination! Maybe time to learn to speak french?
Hell just froze over here!
Old 05-06-2015, 01:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
I haven't added any additional weight for surfing at all. With the stick ballast and water deeper than 15ft the wave is perfect. Maybe im just not used to this size wave so I don't know any different.

For wakeboarding, I added an 80lb bag of concrete for the time being as I noticed with the Wake pro setting and people in the rear the boat did porpoise. however I was riding at 75 ft. and 24 mph. The concrete bag all the way to the front helped a lot.
Thanks. I rode the X23 at the factory and did notice that putting passengers in the bow did help the surf wave with the stock ballasts.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X20 On Order
I think 440 made some custom tanks to sit on top of the stock tanks in the rear, not sure on the weight of these, and not sure if he's tested yet but I would expect him to have things dialed in shortly with some additional weight.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:46 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2015 X-23 Loaded w/ 7.4
I know some of you will throw up when I say this but here goes... I actually have been running mine without the use of the soft bags in the back lockers. I like the extra storage back there, and can't seem to see a difference. I'm sure there is one, but it is negligible.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:11 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X23 w/giant punkin motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball007 View Post
I know some of you will throw up when I say this but here goes... I actually have been running mine without the use of the soft bags in the back lockers. I like the extra storage back there, and can't seem to see a difference. I'm sure there is one, but it is negligible.
To be honest, I couldn't see much difference there when I demoed either..... Which is why I built the tanks. Basically a middle road solution. My tanks hold about 240lbs each, which is more than I thought they would.

I got my first runs in on Monday, and some more yesterday. Stock setting weren't bad, but I have already found better waves (for me) out of the X23.

First thing I noticed, was that the port surf tab fins cause a little rooster tale by the platform. It is just barely hitting the water, and splashing around the platform. While this didn't effect the wave, it annoyed me. Adding a little bow weight lengthened the wave, and got those fins out of the water. I put 200 lbs up in the bow. I might settle on 300, but 200 is working well so far. (No passengers up there at the time. Only 3 peeps in boat)

As for tab settings, and speed..... I am already WAY off the reservation. I like the mellow and long type wave. I started playing with settings and found that 70% surf tab, 0% center tab, 11.7mph and 200 in the bow, generated the best wave so far. This setup is pretty much the stock "left surf steep" setting, but at a higher speed. It was very clean and long, but tall at the same time.

I have a long way to go, and will try to update you with what I find. Should be riding pretty regularly now, and should have this dialed in within the next week or two. Even just the small things I have found so far, have really exceeded my expectations for a boat with no sacks in it. (Even though I am cheating a little bit with my little tanks!)

I would say, for now, try running the steep setting at 11.5-12.0mph, and let me know how you like that. Get 200ish in the bow via lead or a person or two.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:13 AM
MC Devotee

I got nothing on the stbd wave as of yet, although, just the stock settings looked excellent already. Didn't ride it.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:26 AM
MC Devotee

This was stock steep setting at 11.0. Better than the stock speed of 10.whatever, but not as good as 11.5, which I failed to get a pic of

Winds were 20ish mph, and lake was white capping. Still pushed out an exceptionally clean wave, considering the conditions. Not me riding. That is my buddy who has the G23.

One thing I can say, is that my back leg burned out very fast at this setting. So much push, I was hard on the brakes constantly. A couple more rides, and my legs will get reconditioned for the season!
Attached Images