Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 06-08-2008, 08:44 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2002 Prostart 209
3 Wire Fuel Sender

Hello. I have read every fuel sender thread I can and followed some of the links mentioned.

My Fuel Sender was recently adjusted. I filled the tank totally full and took the boat down to the ramp. Would not turn over. It's a scorcher in New England man, my kids were in the boat ready to go swimming.

Here are the symptoms: The Fuel tank guage goes to Full after turning the ignition on, then after turning the crank it goes straight to empty. All sounds and instinct are the the engine is not getting fuel. Plenty of battery. Boat was running great last weekend.

Two Questions:

1) Wondering if it is possible for the sender to fault and/or cutoff the fuel pump?
2) Does anyone have fuel sender adjusment directions for the 3 wire sender (Does not have screws on top)?
Old 06-08-2008, 09:38 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 X30 LTR
I doubt your fuel sender is the reason why it won't start, more likely the fuel pump. But, to answer your question, if the fuel sender looks similar to the one in the picture, then follow the link to the calibration instructions at the very bottom of the page. Good luck.

http://www.centroidproducts.com/3wire.htm

You may want to consider the fuel pump. Start with this thread and do more searches, there are many threads about the fuel pump issue:

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/sh...ad.php?t=23921

BTW, I looked at your profile to see what boat you have and noticed a typo, it says you have a "ProSTART 209". Maybe you should change that to "NO START 209" until the problem is worked out. Sorry, couldn't resist.
Attached Images

Last edited by Tom023; 06-08-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:01 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2002 Prostart 209
Tom,

Thank you. This photo is an exact match to my fuel sender. It does not make sense to me either (but this was the last thing touched since it was running fine), so I started there.

Very good information. Thank you.

I'm going to use your joke with my dealer... starting to get a little tweaked with those guys right now.